What electronics do you use?

headonist

My best advice would be to find a local audio shop that carries a good sized range of brands and will provide loaners overnight for you to try out, with the understanding that you're committed to buying from them (as opposed to using them to try stuff out then buying it over the internet) if they have one you like. I've used many different amps (Rotel, B&K, Adcom, Acurus, Krell, Jolida, Golden Tube, Nikko, Teac...) with several different Klipsch speakers (KHorns, La Scalas, KG-4, CF-4) and they all sound different.

My current fave is the Marantz PM-94

PM-94

Best amp I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

ray, as usual, provides you with good advice. the best way to choose eletronics for your system is to audtiion them....in your system. what sounds best to you is best.

there are fans of every possbile combination of electronics imaginable on this board from 1 watt to 1,000 watt, cd vrs. lp, etc., etc. ad nauseum.

what we all do have in common is a love for PWK´s speakers and how they reproduce music in our homes.

Finding a good dealer (one willing to lend out equipment) may be hard to do, but put inthe effort and you will be rewarded. The next best would be auditioning electronics in friends or aquaintances houses who have the same speakers as you plan to use, not fully equal to your own system but can give you an idea of where your tastes lie (tubes versus ss, etc.).

you can often see what we all like, in electronics, by looking at our signatures or our member pages.

warm regards, tony

The next best would be auditioning electronics in friends or aquaintances houses who have the same speakers as you plan to use, not fully equal to your own system but can give you an idea of where your tastes lie (tubes versus ss, etc.).

Indeed....state where you are located and just maybe a local Hornhead would hook up with you for a demo......

Rick

I live in southern Sweden, a couple of audiophiles around here I guess, but can't say I know any with Klipsch speakers. Could be possible to borrow something from a dealer though, just not sure where to start. But maybe Marantz could be worth checking out then. Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the Forum.

First before you go spending gobs of money try a couple of things first. Nad gear is not bad but is considered neutral sounding by many. The RF 82's should be pretty dynamic sounding even with lesser components driving them. I would move the speakers around a bit first. In and out, side to side and try toeing them in or even changing them from the wall they are on now to another wall. Then if you have a dvd player around that was built within the last two or three years I would try switching that out with the Nad cd player and see if that doesn't improve the sound. Even cheap dvd players made today sound better than cd players made even a few years ago costing hundreds of dollars. If you've got afriends with other equipment borrow it for a few days and try it onthe RF's.

From there is starts getting more expensive and more choices have to made. Tubes vs solid state, seperates versus receivers etc.

The more information you can provide (room size, model numbers, types of music etc.) the more we can help.

I agree with what thebes, Ray, and others have said. To save some money I find it's always a good idea to look for late model used gear, to include clearance, refurbished and demo items. Any reputable brands like Cambridge Audio, Vincent, Rotel, Music Hall, NAD, Denon, Adcom, Sony, Yamaha, Pioneer, and others are a good place to start. Since your RF-82s are sensitive loudspeakers with excellent dynamics, virtually any amplifier and source components from the above list should work well with them. But spend only what you can really afford...buying even quality used equipment these days can be terribly expensive and blow your budget sky-high if you're not careful!

Good luck with your search.

The people here know there apples from oranges. I'm a jouneyman audiophile, and I think that deciding between tubes and ss is your first move. Try to audition at least one tube amplifier if at all possible. Klipsch certainly (my personal taste), sound smoother and less bright or harsh with tubes and are very responsive due to their high sensitivity. I tried to match my Forte II's with yamaha and denon and found the experience to be harsh. The first time I hooked up a tube amp (sansui 1000a, 1969), I was amazed at how beautiful the forte's really were. Tubes can be more finicky and require tlc and of course the cost of replacements. Try to make that first step either valves or ss, and then go from there.