This is TOO much.......

speedbump

Nice set of Heresy I's on Ebay......but look at this price.

Solid Gold Heresies

Egad, I think I would go for some Belles or Corns for this kind of cash.

What's bringing on these high prices? Fear that the Heritage line is not coming back? New converts from the Reference line? Will we ever be able to buy our toys reasonably again?

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Klipsch Forte II surrounds

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Mitsubishi WS-55807 55" HDTV

Playstation 2 for games/DVD

This message has been edited by speedbump on 01-18-2002 at 11:57 PM

OUCH!!!!! Holy big $$$$$ Batman!

Give the seller credit though...how many Klipsches available for sale - and that old - have you seen with the original boxes? Bonus on the paperwork too. Plus, if he's hardcore enough to do that, you can figure he took care of the speakers. I believe these are the desirable vintage (alnico) - they were alnico in 1976, were they not?

Too much cash for me - at least for a set of Heresy's - but someone will be thrilled with them, I'm sure.

Better get my Choruses soon, before they get insanely priced too.

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 01-18-2002 at 08:20 PM

Wow ... that's what a new set of IIs cost! I bet the shortage of new stock would cause a price rise in used stock but not this dramaticaly so soon! And not without a formal announcement of discontinuence of any future production. The law of supply and demand will take effect at some point, however.

------------------

Soundog's HT Systems

That sure is a beautiful set of Heresies though. The guy obviously loved these speakers. For the kind of money he's going to make on them, he should easily be able to replace them with something that will make him happy.

Still, $1100 for used Heresy I's ?? That's almost used K-horn terrirtory!

Speed

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer

Damn I still cant trust my eyes...GOOD LORD

Soon any Klipsch oldie will sell twice the price of purchase.

Well with some tube amps I guess these have this special someting Mobile H. and company like.

Klipsch speakers retain their value quite well to say the least. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The old Klipshes designed by PWK were high-quality devices that made excellent sound and had some personality, they reflected the views of their designer not the views of a bunch of Hoosier bean-counters. They offer sound that is far better than many (actually most) modern speakers that cost far more money. Now personally for the dough involved I think a fella could get better sound with some vintage Altecs; Valencias, VOTs or 604s or 605s. You'd have the extra output, lower distortion and deeper bass of 15" woofers in larger cabinets. But that's my opinion, based on their own formidable merits I can understand the high prices some old Ks seem to be bringing lately.

I agree with TBrennan that the older Klipsch are worth every penny we spend....it's just that this particular price is at least twice what "the market" usually sees for a set of Heresy I's. Never let it be said that I don't think the Heresy, or any other PWK design, is a good speaker. I have had several sets that have given me great joy. I just enjoyed the freedom of being able to move them in and out of my setup without fearing I couldn't afford to replace them.

I think it's important that Klipsch (as a company) sees what those of us who love the old designs are willing to pay for them. 1800 for Cornwalls? 1100 for Heresy I's? 600 bucks for an Academy? I have to think I could get them built for that kind of jack and still make a tidy profit.

Steve....congrats on the $75 Heresies. Why can't I ever find one of those deals? I wonder if they sound as good as the 1000 dollar ones Smile.gif

------------------

Klipsch Chorus I Mains

Klipsch Academy Center

Marantz SR19EX Receiver

Yamaha 5 CD Changer