Palladium

rscotth

Guest BobG

I know that lot's of people don't accept our WDST surround design, but for my money, it's the way to go. I find standard coverage pattern speakers too directional for surround use. They don't envelop me in the way I experience in a proper professional cinema. It's your money and you should focus on pleasing yourself first and foremost. I think your dealer should allow you to audition both in your home system so you can make a decision based on actual results. You're making a substantial purchase and you want to do it right.

• 1 month later...

Will Do Mike. The mains will be arriving first and then the surrounds, center and subs. I'll be hooking up everything together. So I think it'll be a month or so until I have everything ready. Reviews will follow.

Scott

Love the processor, but I've had some disc reading issues with the disc player. Have had to work through them with NAD. Allot of software and firmware updates. seems to be working well and musically it's the finest disc player I've owned, other than the reading issue. I'll probably upgrade when I get my Palladiums, but not sure what too. I've got time to think about that. I'll use the NAD stuff for a while, and then decide it it warrants going to Mac or not!

You might like Bryston's CD player, if a CD-only player works for you. It's getting rave reviews and comes in silver or black.

Features: http://www.bryston.ca/bcd1_m.html

Reviews: http://www.bryston.ca/bcd1_r.html

It costs around $2400.

• 1 month later...

Greetings Everyone,

I'm so excited I can't even type. I just got a call from my audio guys telling me that some of my Palladiums just arrived. The mains and another pair of bookshelfs and another substill to come. I wont hook these up until all have arived. Additionally, I'm waiting on new carpet to be installed before installation. Could be a few more weeks before my first listen.

I need some feedback on amplification. I'm questioning the Crestron 200x7 amp I currently use to drive my RF-7's. Leaning toward MAC.

post-12422-13819400072518_thumb.jpg

post-12422-13819410225712_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well next tuesday will be install day for the Pallladium lineup. 2 p39f's, 1 p27c, 4 p17b and 2 p312w. I went to CEDIA in Denver and splurged for some McIntosh gear to drive everything. I ordered 3 mc501's for the fronts and 2 mc252's for the bookshelves and a mx136 to manage it all. The MAC gear will be a few weeks, but needless to say I'm pumped for the audio experience I've always dreamed off. I'll post pics of the speakers next week and the final install when ever that happens. I'm guessing 2-3 weeks. I'll certainly post pics and reviews as time permits.

Shine On!..............Scott