SVS-Ultra (+RF-3) vs RF-7 ?

Tabasco

No, it will not outperform the SVS CS-Ultra at all.

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

I just want to add that my Kg 5.2's + my SVS 20-39 w/samson S1000 amp(paid $1150 for the trio) blows away the RF-7's (valued at $2100)

I just compared them yesterday. Hands down the RF-7's could not match the output. I dont think there is any pair of speakers that could put my trio to shame...nope! not in this life time...

the RF-7's with the SVS ultras!!!... that would be one monster setup! ;^)

Regards monty R

quote:

the RF-7's with the SVS ultras!!!... that would be one monster setup! ;^)

I agree. Smile.gif

------------------

Home Theater:

Display: Sony VPL-VW11HT LCD Projector

Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Sony DVP-S9000ES

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Its obvious no Kilpsch speakers can beat dedicated bass masters like SVS Ultras on deep bass.Its not realistic.

One thing is sure the RF-7's alone with NO sub juiced up by a real power amp like a large Krell,Bryston,Celeste or even value priced ATI 2505 will knock your dentition down to 30Hz or so.

If deep bass is what you want(deep bass to below 20Hz with real power)you need a potent sub.No way around it.

Even my Dynaudio Contour 3.3's are helped by subs,and these are solid to around 25Hz!

Only huge Wilsons and JMLabs dont need subs,these weigh in over 500lbs and cost mucho dinero amigo. LOL

WIth 15" drivers these can move air,lost of iot and are tuned very low.

So I say do like me and get RF-7's and then add a pair of subs with real guts.Then you will have a killer combo.

With my RF-7's cut at 80Hz and the four Sunfire taking the low end the performance is foundation shaking.Subs do help even large speakers,alot.

Soon I will order a pair of SVS SS subs,then I will rech sub sonic nirvana.And a JBL Ti-K to go with my Spendors! WOHA

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The ideal combination would be RF-7's with SVS SS subs!

cwm32.gif

I just hope I dont have any surprise expenses this year and can order the SVS SS subs from TV.Ah heavens on Earth.This would be HT perfection,Klipsch speakers all around and SVS SS subwoofing. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Seb,

Yep it was my HT system,did you hear the four Sunflowers? Its BIG BASS

Its funny but I dont blast my larger and less powerful system as much.Klipsch begs me to pump up the damn volume and make my ears bleed.

The Dynes force me to enjoy the texture,fine detail a bit more.Klipsch...begs to play it LOUD.

When you get RF-7's Seb you will understand LOUD and slam.Its real with the RF-7's. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears