Center channel too weak?

bigjon1805

I've been piecing my system together with certain deals that I have been finding. My budget is tight and my wife puts kind of a cramp on things. I'm going to be running a Yamaha rx-v663 for $350, 2 rf-62's ($250 for the pair on closeout), 2 synergy slx's ($175 pair) for the rears, and a C-1 ($60) for my center, and a rw-10d ($200). My room is about 14x17 with the center about 11 feet from seating. After doing more research I'm afraid my center is going to get lost when I get everything up and running, or will this be alright on a pretty tight budget? Maybe $150 more?

• Moderators

Not sure what a C-1 is, maby someone will help answer. A weak center would NOT be good, your center should be as good as your 2 front mains.

If nothing else this will bump it back to the top for more views, and maby someone who knows what a C-1 is will read it ?

Welcome, and if you get no answers ask again, sometimes it's slow in this section.

Welcome,

Fist off that is a great price for the RF-62. I am going to say that the center channel is not good for that setup. I would hold off on the center if that is the only option that you have at the moment. The matching center for the mains would be the RC-62, http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rc-62.aspx. The front three speakers are the most important speakers in the setup.

Is this setup for HT or music or both, what percentage of each?

Here is the information on the C-1, http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/c-1.aspx, it will not keep up the the main speakers.

James

I agree that the C-1 will get a little lost once you pump up the movies but in a crunch it will do. I own a C-1 and had B-3's and it was good until I got a good deal on an older synergy KSP-C6 which keeps up much better but the WAF is way low due to size. You will need/want to upgrade eventually but for a start it will be ok imho.

• Like 1

It will probably be around 90/10 with HT being the most.

The main reason is the center channel is the most impotant piece for movies. Try keeping an eye out in the "Garage Sale" area. I will also keep an eye out for the RC-62.

James

BTW, where are you located?