FS 1989 La Scala's with ALK's Sold !!!!

BE36

1,539 Miles, 90 gallons of unleaded.

34 hours round trip.

23 hours 6 minutes drive time.

And the La Scala's are sounding incredible in there new home, with out incident, the wife was a big help getting them into the basement.

Quote from my smiling wife, see picture attached. "Even I can hear the difference!"

I listened to pair last week on the local craig's list. No comparision, he was a DJ that clamed he never used them for DJ ing. Original networks & caps, beat up cabinets, a bargin sony amp, my college Cerwin Vegas would give them a run ... They did not seam to have much bass, but with new networks, corner placement, and a better amp the bass is really good. The velodyne sub is needed but not for much! just below 50 - 60 hz or so. The woofer in Forte IIs would go lower but not as musical as the La Scala's.

I did not know much about the various networks but apperently the right network makes a big difference!!! These sound great even without my Velodyne SPL 1500 R.

Thanks to BS Button for all the help. I will be purchasing a few new CDs and enjoying 2 Channel more often. It is difficlut to schedule the time for this with the kids but is sounds so good I will make the time.

post-30420-13819374032082_thumb.jpg

BASEMENT STEREO ADVANTAGE:

I made a great discovery this morning.

Scheduling time for 2 channel has been difficult with the wife and kids. My wife and I both work. We spilt who goes in early and who takes the kids.

This morning I got up a little early for a morning when I take the kids and listened to the stereo. When it was time to wake the kids, instead of going up stairs to the second floor, I turned the stereo to as loud as I could listen to it to wake kids up.

Dad now has time to listen[:P], the kids could not hear the stereo! I had to go upstairs and wake them up[<:o)].

BE36.

What networks have you heard in a scala before?

The ones you have are pretty unique. Those ALK Universal A’s you have, have a Theta and a Hovland in the tweeter filter. You may be the only one with that combo.

Jc

Has anybody got anything for sale out there?

[:'(]

Hey Mississippi Mudhole

You sold the scalas. Are you looking for something smaller or less expensive? What is the goal here?

You still have the Cornwalls don't you?

jc

BS Your old ones are NOT 4 sale.

The only possible down grade for these would be to become one the best ever surround speakers, timber matched with K-horns or cornscalas

I thought of making some cornscalas, but if I do I will buy parts & beaters to rebuild, I could not take anything with a blade or teeth to this pair.

Has anybody got anything for sale out there?

[:'(]

Hey Mississippi Mudhole

You sold the scalas. Are you looking for something smaller or less expensive? What is the goal here?

You still have the Cornwalls don't you?

jc

Something not quite so Chunky for Home theatre. Cornwalls are nestled in, upstairs.