Separate circuit for Projector?

garyrc

We are adding a Home Theater function to our music room, and will have a 20 amp or greater circuit, with its own breaker, for all the audio equipment. I am passionate about avoiding hum loops.
My question is: Should the projector be on the same circuit as all of the audio? Why? Advantages and disadvantages? Power demand issues for the power amps or the projector? Hum issues?
I'll be grateful for your input and experience.
Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

i am doing almost the same thing. i am adding a dedicated circuit for my ht. i wouldn't see a problem if you add two independant circuits, it just adds cost. i am adding 1 line and everything is being plugged into that one circuit and then i will have a furman 15pfi for the conditioning.

I have two 20 amp circuits run to my rack. I have my load split between the two but do have my projector sharing the circuit with my audio gear without any problems.

I would run the extra lines while you can, but IMO, I do not think you need to split the projector onto its own circuit just for isolation sake.

JM