EV Georgian info?

I know this is the Klipsch forum, but I bought a cousin last night. It is still sitting in the back of my Grand Cherokee, awaiting some additional help in getting it into the house. This thing is large and heavy.

Is anyone here familiar with EV that can tell me about what I bought? I haven't opened it up yet to see exactly what drivers and tweeter are in it, nor have I been able to hook it up for a listen. On the back of the cab it is stencil painted Georgian Serial No. 321. I take it this is an early version of the Georgian?

I have been googling and can't come up with a whole lot of info. Is there an EV forum?

Any info and feedback appreciated. I thought my Altec 620 cabs were big, but this EV makes them seem small.

Roger, I currently don't have a digital camera, will talk to my daughter about useing hers in a day or so. Plus, right now the Georgian is still in the back of my Jeep. Pics wouldn't show much at this point.

As far as price, lets just say I think I got a good deal. Are you familiar with the Georgian? Comments or info?

The Georgian was manufactured by EV under license from Klipsch in the '50s. The woofer was a 15WK, the "K" denoting a 3.2 ohm voice coil. The throat in the bass horn was 78 sq. in. versus 39 sq. in. on later Khorns. The tweeter was a T-35. I'm not sure about the mid or the crossover but I have some info on the Georgian horn at home that would ID these parts. Check the EV website under obsolete products, they may have all you need to know there.

s.gif
ltCurve.gif

Electro Voice EV Georgian w/ 15W-K Woofer & T35 Tweeter

Item number: 130230682025 rtCurve.gif
s.gif
s.gif
You are signed in
You are watching this item in My eBay (16 items)
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
statusCheck_28x28.gif This item has been added to My eBay for Guests.
As a guest, you can:
bltGrey.gif Track up to 10 items on this computer in My eBay
bltGrey.gif Receive an email reminder for this item a few hours before it ends
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif s.gif s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
ev_georgian1.jpg
View larger picture
s.gif
s.gif
Buy It Now price: US $799.99 Buy It Now >

Best Offer Make Offer >

End time: Jun-20-08 07:38:42 PDT (2 days 14 hours)
Shipping costs:
Free
Local Pickup
Service to United States
Ships to: United States
Item location: On the Bay in Keyport, NJ, United States

You can also:
You are watching this item in My eBay (16 items)
Get SMS or IM alerts | Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Jun-13-08 07:38:42 PDT
Duration: 7-day listing
Payment methods:
Personal check,
Money order/Cashiers check,
Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted,
Visa/MasterCard
See details
s.gif
s.gif
Meet the seller
Seller:s.gif s.gifcoffeeboy2s.gif( 2434Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) s.gif
Member: since Mar-23-99 in United States
bullet.gif See detailed feedback
bullet.gif Ask seller a question s.gif
bullet.gif Add to Favorite Sellers
bullet.gif View seller's other items

Contact the seller instantly
s.gif
s.gif

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 2434 | 97.5% Positive
See detailed feedback
2. Check how you're protected
s.gif
If paying with a credit card, see your card issuer's terms
s.gif
s.gif
Description
s.gif
Item Specifics
s.gif
Type : Speakers Brand: EV - Electro Voice
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

turntable.gif

Hello, and many Thanks to all the users that helped us make it to our 9th year anniversary here on ebaY !! First, I'd like to stress that this will have to be a pick-up, or if you want it shipped, it must be to a legitimate business address, and it will be expensive. You are bidding on 1 - Vintage Electro Voice EV Georgian Voice of the Theater Speaker (not a pair), with a massive chrome Alnico magnet 15W-K Woofer & coaxial midrange assembly # 848-HF that includes the T35 (T-35, T35A) Horn Tweeter. This was the baby version of the famous Patrician, which used 2 of the massive 15" Chrome plated Klipsch woofers. This speaker sounds amazing, and was hooked up to a very rare EV model A20 mono tube amp and Fisher series 80 preamp. The cabinet is in great shape, but is missing the the 24" square front panel over the front of the woofer, which was only a piece of 1/2" plywood that can be easily replaced. Regretably, if this done not sell this go-round, I will strip it for parts. All Electronics are sold as-is where-is due to their delicate nature. No refunds or exchanges. No Exceptions. No expressed guarantee unless otherwise noted.

Payment info:
Buyer pays by M/O, Check, Visa, M/C, or Discover for immediate shipping. No credit cards under $20.00 totals (not including shipping) please, the fees are killing us! I do not accept PayPal payments of any kind, only credit cards through my own merchant account. No overseas credit cards or bank transfers, Thank you. Due to the high cost of PayPal & Credit Card fees, we will only take a M/O from overseas & Canada. Personal checks within the US need a minimum of 10 days to clear. There will be a $30.00 fee for any returned or bounced checks, no exceptions. Pick-up items must be pre-paid, or a cash or money order presented at time of pick-up, NO Checks for pick-ups.

Shipping info:
Buyer pays $250.00 packing fee, plus + shipping cost (to business address only) from 07735. Shipping weight is approx 175 pounds. Pick-up is also welcome at our Keyport location to save the shipping & packing costs. We use either USPS or FedEx, but we do not use UPS due to rough handling. Packing fees are a fixed cost and are not negotiated. Packing fees over seas could be higher, but not necessarily. Sellers are not responsible for service transit time. Transit times are provided by the carrier, exclude weekends and holidays, and may vary with package origin and destination, particularly during peak periods.

NO OVERSEAS SHIPPING IS BEING OFFERED ON THIS ITEM

N.J. residents & pick-ups are required to pay 7% sales tax. We will combine shipping if possible to lower your costs. PLEASE CHECK OUR OTHER AUCTIONS and ALWAYS BID HAPPY.

Please Read:

These are the Top 10 reasons why you shouldn’t bid on any of my auctions, because if you are the winning bidder, you bought it:
10- If you are planning to leave on vacation before the auction ends, don't bid.
9- If you think you might not have the money to pay for it, don't bid
8- If you are having second thoughts about wanting it, don't bid.
7- If you have less than 5 positive feedback, don't bid
6- If you have a negative feedback number, really, don't bid
5- If you have negative feedback for non-payment, don't bid.
4- If you have recently filed for chapter 11, don't bid
3- If you are planning major surgery during the week of the auction, don't bid
2- If your post office or bank is known for losing payments, don't bid
#1- I treat people fairly and honestly, I expect the same in return, if you can't accept that, don't bid

You must contact us prior to bidding if you have 5 feedback or less, or if you have registered as a new user less than 6 months ago. I you don’t, your bid will be canceled and you will be blocked from bidding. We describe each of our items as best we can, we will answer your questions A.S.A.P. so please E-mail us with any questions or concerns before the end of the auction, because all sales are final. We can not be responsible for items lost or damaged during shipping, therefore insurance is strongly recommended to protect your investment, although shipping costs are not covered by insurance and cannot be refunded in case of damage. OUR TERMS: We will contact you within 48 hours of the end of the auction. Please acknowledge our E-mail with your address so we can pack your item, we expect payment to be sent out at this time, unless prior arrangements have been made. If we do not hear from you after the first E-mail we will try one more time. If we do not hear from you within 3 days of the close of the auction, we will notify Ebay, leave negative feedback and relist the item. We leave feedback for every transaction no matter how small. We will leave you feedback after receiving payment, so you will know it has been received. Please leave feedback for us after your item arrives, this lets us know you have your item...If you do not receive your item or there is a problem of any kind please contact us immediately.

ev_georgian1.jpg
s.gif

s.gif
s.gif
Shipping and handling
Ships to
United States

Shipping and Handling To Service Insurance
Free
United States
Local Pickup None

Shipping and Handling To Service Insurance
FREE United States Local Pickup None
Return policy
Return policy not specified.
Read item description for any reference to return policy.
Payment details
Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay
Money order/Cashiers check
Accepted
Not Available
clk?RtmClk&t=1&lid=-9999&m=48134:48130:4
Personal check
Accepted
Not Available
Visa/MasterCard
Accepted
See your card issuer's terms
Other - See Payment Instructions for payment methods accepted
Accepted
Not Available
s.gif
Seller's payment instructions

Do not use the ebaY checkout. We will send you an email with payment instructions and a total. You will receive a paid invoice from our business, Collector's Cottage, with your item. If you are in New Jersey, we must collect 7% sales tax on the entire amount including shipping & handling. Thank you
Take action on this item
Item title: Electro Voice EV Georgian w/ 15W-K Woofer & T35 Tweeter
Buy It Now
Buy It Now price: US $799.99
Buy It Now > You will confirm in the next step.
imgVIor.gif
Best Offer
Submit your best offer to the seller.
Make Offer >
s.gif

Purchase this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

Present your highest offer to the seller.
Learn about Best Offer
Other options
s.gifGo backs.gifBack to list of items | Report this item | Printer Version | Sell one like this

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.
s.gif

eBay Pulse | eBay Reviews | eBay Stores | eBay Express | Reseller Marketplace | Austria | France | Germany | Italy | Spain | United Kingdom | Popular Searches
Half.com | Tickets | Kijiji | PayPal | ProStores | Apartments for Rent | Shopping.com | Skype

s.gif
About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | eBay Toolbar | Policies | Government Relations | Site Map | Help
Copyright © 1995-2008 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
s.gif
eBay official time
s.gif

This is a real Georgian, it is a 4 way system, and it has all of the orriginal drivers.

Roger

Sorry, dude, this is no more a Georgian than it is a Corvette! The EV Georgian was a 3 way, there was no opening in the front face, there was no tailboard on the Georgian. I'm looking at a complete set of EV Georgian plans drawn on 5-28-53 by J. Locke of EV Corporation. Some of the components look the same but the bass horn enclosure is incorrect. Someone may have tried to scale down a Patrician for a 15" driver and use the Patrician components. Also a friend has a pair of real Georgian bass horns, and they agree with the plans that I have.

I am looking at EV catalog no.122,,,,,It is a 105 & 106 Kit used to make Georgian,,,A complete 4 way unit,,, It is authentic The real early ones had a door in front....later they did away with this offering the 106 bass bin as a complete assembly without front door access. The mod 107 outer decorative cabinet is missing on this one.

I am looking at EV catalog no.122,,,,,It is a 105 & 106 Kit used to make Georgian,,,A complete 4 way unit,,, It is authentic The real early ones had a door in front....later they did away with this offering the 106 bass bin as a complete assembly without front door access. The mod 107 outer decorative cabinet is missing on this one.

What's the date on EV cat. #122? My info says the basshorn part # is 8561, the cabinet shell is part # 896-781 thru 896-784, depending on the finish.

Sorry Don,

Your the one driving a Corvette, not my style!! That is an orriginal Georgian 4 way system without the front access board, the exterior decorative cabinet, and the rear bracket for the big horn, as well as some other minoe pieces.

I was addressing the orriginal question of what drivers should be in the cabinet.

Brac asked "then what is this?" Brac, if you read the description on the other speaker, it was fabbed in some shop somewhere. The other speaker is a 3 way, which is wrong, it has an Altec Lansing horn, which is wrong as Electro Voice unlike Klipsch, was a driver manufacturer in those days, and Georgians did not look like a Klipschorn inexterior treatments at all. These and the ones that EV Guy own, were made to look like Klipschorns, although not a bad thing in my opinion.

Roger

Your the one driving a Corvette, not my style!! That is an orriginal Georgian 4 way system without the front access board, the exterior decorative cabinet, and the rear bracket for the big horn, as well as some other minoe pieces.

The original Georgian horn was made by EV under license from PWK. The EV prints that I have are dated 1953. It was a 3 way. Subsequent to 1953 PWK pulled the license from EV. Around 1955, Roy Carlson of EV designed the Patrtician, a 4 way system using an 18" bass driver.:

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/DIY%20Manuals/Patrician%20IV%20Part%201.pdf

I'm fairly familiar with the EV Georgian (PWK-licensed design) and early Patrician IV enclosures and I'm not familiar with any 15" version of the Patrician enclosure called a Georgian, but I'm always up for learning something new. In any event, if there was a 15" version of the Patrician type design it would have been done after the original, PWK-licensed Georgian in 1953. Please post any info on this with dates if you can. If what you have is a real EV product it would be quite rare and the Japanese audiophiles would give a lot of money for it.

Don,

Which patrician model are you speaking about as there were 4 different models. This is not a patrician, it is a Georgian. It is not the only Georgian of this configguration that I have seen either. I have seen 3 way Georgians as well as 4 way Georgians, but every three way I have ever seen does not have a T-35 driver. They still had the same midrange as this one, with the same horn in the center of this ones mid range. This is a very early 50s Georgian as denoted by this ones early, narrow T-35, and I have seen this one multiple times and it has the early 50s Alnico EV15W-K, not the later Ferite version. All Patricians that I am aware of use the much larger and expensive T-350, not the T-35, and depending on the maodel, have the EV 18W-k, or the EV 30W. I have also seen two different styles of decorative housings for just the Georgian, as well as they sold complete speaker and crosover settups for all of these hi end models, with instructions to build your own cabinet. You can believe what you will, but that still wont make you correct...

Roger

Which patrician model are you speaking about as there were 4 different models.

The link that I provided clearly states "Patrician IV". Did you read it?

I have also seen two different styles of decorative housings for just the Georgian, as well as they sold complete speaker and crosover settups for all of these hi end models, with instructions to build your own cabinet.

It looks like a DIY with EV components.

You can believe what you will, but that still wont make you correct...

I choose to believe the info published by EV that I have in my possession, and on their website. Please reference any other info from EV about the Georgian horn and post it here.

Don & Rog,,,, We are talking about two folded horns by EV licenced by Klipsch... One for a 15" driver/horn and one for18" horn/driver. The Georgian was produced as a 3 way and a 4 wayWhats interesting was the Georgian used a 848 coaxial mid bass&treble assembly plus the T35 tweet. The Patrician IV used two 828 drivers with A8419 Lf phenolic horn plus T25 driver and 6hd horn and 18 woofs... Yes there were 4 versions of the Patricions.... But were talking about the GEORGIANS,,, 3 way and 4 way T35 tweet , 848 coax bass/treble unit , and 15WK woofer.You can see the 848 unit in the pics plus the T35 tweeter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!