KLF-C7 match with KG 3.2?

michaelstano

I wish to upgrade from my weak Yamaha center channel. I am interested in the KLF-C7, in part, because the size matches the space I have for a center channel. I am using KG 3.2s up front, a SW-10, and medium-sized Infinitys in the rear. I use the system for both DVD movies and DVD audio.

Any thoughts on "blend"?

Any thoughts on buying from ubid (most prices are about $300)?

Anyone with a KLF-C7 for sale?

TIA.

Mike

Im pretty sure the recomended matched center is the

less $$$ KSC-C1 for the KG3.2s

Heres a Klipsch timbre matching guide.

http://www.outpost.com/template/boutiques/klipsch/product_navigation/spot14/

Hope this helps

------------------

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

This message has been edited by QUiKSR20 on 01-22-2002 at 10:15 AM

At the top of the page click 'Products',then 'Home Audio',then 'Classics',then scroll down to the KG3.2's.Forget the C-1.It'll sound like your 'weak' Yamaha center.

That timbre matching chart is incorrect.

Keith

I tried a KV2 with my KG 3.2s when I had them. I wasn't too impressed, even though that is what is supposed to match them. I would look for a KV3, and they can be found here and on Ebay for very reasonable amount of money. About $100 less than a C7, which will likely make your 3.2s dissapear. A KG 2.2 or 2.5 is also an excellent (probably best) choice, and they are availble as "V" models with shielding, or you can get the shielding cups and magnet from Klipsch to transform a regular one. These are VERY reasonable, and you can find a pair for a couple hundred, and split them up if you have to - you know..sell the other one, or use the other one for a rear center in 7.1 down the road.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I have two KG2.5V's and according to the chart the current model SC-1 would be the best, but wouldn't it be better to match the woofer sizes and get the RC-3

I am also curious to know the downfalls of the KV2, as I have found 2 used, that I am looking into getting since they are suppose to match my KG2.5V's

As TTK stated, that chart is incorrect. Please disregard. In my own personal preference, I found the 2.2 to be better than the KV2. The KV2 is a fine speaker, but didn't quite sound as "live" as my 3.2s.

I would NOT recommend the RC3 with the KG speakers. There are still so many better choices in the used market.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I got all this started, and I sincerely appreciate all the input.

OK, I am now convinced that a KLF-C7 is not the right choice, despite how much I want it to be the right choice.

I will begin my search for a KG 2.2V (how much does it cost to convert a KG 2.2 to a V?), and a KV-3. Please contact me at michaelstano@hotmail.com of you or someone you know has either to sell.

May I post a Want to Buy in this Forum?

Again, thanks.

Mike

This message has been edited by michaelstano on 01-24-2002 at 09:41 AM

If you get the 2.2v over the C-7 your missing out on much improved HT sound.

As long as your receiver lets you adjust the volume on your mains and center you should get the C-7.

C-7 timbre matches the horns on the KG series perfectly.

If you decide to buy the C-7 you can find it on ebay for just over $300 w/ shipping.

Monty R

quote:

Originally posted by montigue:

C-7 timbre matches the horns on the KG series perfectly.

No, not really. The C7 was made to timbre match the KLF series and not the KG series. The KG and KLF seris are similar, but still different enough! This is further supported by this thread: http://216.37.9.58/cgi-bin/ubb/postdisplay.cgi?forum=Forum1&topic=001797

yes it was made to match the KLF's, It is a KLF speaker no doubt. But the tractix horn loaded tweeter is the same horn that Klipsch made in the KG series. I have the C-7 with my KG 5.2's and I have had the 2.2v. The C-7 is MUCH better than the 2.2v and timbre matches the KG's just as well as the 2.2.

I dont care what any thread says I go with what my ear says. Anybody that takes a 2.2 over a C-7 is missing some great HT.

GET THE C-7 you will love it!!!

Montigue,

Not all KGs are equal. The 3.2 that Michael is referring to does NOT have a tractix horn. Rather, it has a much smaller one (about 1/3 the size of your 5.2).

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Everyone (including myself) should take the time right now to follow the directions in my above post and memorize the specifications of all the speakers in the 'Classics' section.

Met you back here in 15 minutes.

Keith

quote:

Originally posted by montigue:

But the tractix horn loaded tweeter is the same horn that Klipsch made in the KG series.

Only the KG4.2, KG4.5, KG5.2 and KG5.5 use the K-85-K horn. The KLF-C7 uses the K-90-KV horn. They are not the same horn. In addition, T-man is correct that the KG3.2 use a smaller horn (the K-84-K).

I myself have a pair of KG5.5s for main fronts. I was using a KV-3 for the center, but I wanted an even better match. So I bought a lone KG4.2 on eBay to use for a center. Now my front three speakers are EXACTLY timbre matchted! Smile.gif