Oh happy day

Tom_E

My floor is abit un-even on the right speaker, so the foot-frame don't have 100 % contact with the floor. Will this reduce the bass performance?

If your speaker is able to wobble on the floor, it certainly won't help the sound. As well, if one corner is not properly supported, the cabinet could eventually start to warp or deform, so I'd suggest you put something under that corner so all sides are equally supported.

BTW, congratulations on your new speakers! They look pretty impressive in your room. Do you have the only Cornwalls you know of in Norway, or are they popular there?

• Moderators

" 1. How long "break-in" time does it take before CW's really sound amazing? My old RF-82 took about 2 months before it sounded much better "

When I first posted I said a couple of weeks, that's when we first started noticing, I would guess 6 weeks or so we really heard a difference . I heard it but never said anything and one day my wife said come sit down and listen to this. I didn't know what she wanted, she said do you think they sound better than when we got them, I also thought so but didn't know if it was just me. I don't know if it's our ears adjusting or break-in or both ?

But considering everything you are using is new I would guess it can only get better

Oldbuckster: Yeah, i am going to cut away some wood in the corner,
so i can get them a little more to the wall, and spread them more
aswell.

dtel: Yeah, i recon a month or two myself. I do think i have some acustic trouble in my appartment. The left speaker is 80cm away from the left wall, and the right speaker is 5 meters away from the right wall. Another example, is that when i sit and listen it's ok, but i think it lack some bass. When i stand up, i can feel and hear the bass more. Maby i'll move the gear to a better place, but then again, in that corner, there is a wood wall on the left, and a stone wall on the right.

fenderbender: Thanks! :)

Thank's Bill! It's my "wall of shame"!

I know it's early in the break-in process, but here is my 2 cents......

I think they are very "airy" and nice. Where i work we have RF83 with Dynamic Precision and Electrocompaniet, and i like to compare my set to that. The RF83 have about 3 months playtime, so they have broken in nicely. The major differences between the two sets, besides the gear, is that the RF83's are very spread. 4-5 meters between them. The demoroom has abit strange acoustics, so they can perform better. But the RF83 are a real punch in the face with the Dynamic precision gear! Of course, the pre and power cost 75000 Norwegian kroners, i don't know what that will be in dollars, but i can imagine around 17.000-18.000 dollars. But my point is that the RF83 perform really good. Amazing bass and super-tight. The only draw-back, is what i like to call the "bottle-neck problem". Sometimes it sounds like 8 car's are trying to drive at an interstate where there is only room for 4 car's. That's a problem the CW's don't have. But there is someting... I can't put my finger on it. It seems like it's to hard, a little bit to light. When i listen to rock, like Porcupine Tree, alot sounds nice, but it's like there something missing. When there is alot happening, it's abit hard and light. Amazingly, it's not the same "punch" i get on the RF83!

• Moderators

I have 2 setups in one room, Ht and the Cornwalls, the HT has a sub . I can tell you the Cornwalls have plenty of bass and thats comparing to another setup with a sub, no shortage of bass with the C lll. It's there don't worry.

Tom,

From my experience, what your hearing is the difference of the Reference (more in your Face) to the Heritiage sound (more like a warm Blanket-smooth) sound. Each is unique and enjoyable, but different. The Bass is there in the Heritage, take your time and Enjoy................

When you move the speakers farther apart that should help also. Then try moving your chair/sofa back a meter or two if you can, angle the speakers in and out, you have to experiment to find the right set up with your system in your room.

When I got my 2004 La Scalas it took me awhile to find the right equipment, where to sit, how to angle the speakers, add some rugs to the room, and add 6 1/2 risers to the La Scalas. Be patient and remember your equpment, room, and speakers are not what you have heard compared to the RF 83s and equipment and room.

Also enjoy!![:D]

Thanks for the ideas guys! I allready hear improvement. So i will take the time and see. But a new propper cd-player is really needed, and i think the Marantz is really good. I'v heard that Marantz is really good with cd-players.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i have some problems with my mac! I get this "un-tuned FM cracle" sound on my right chanel.

It's not the pr-amp, and its not the cables. Should i try to swap tube placements? I think it's either a tube, or the amp itself...

And i got a pot-meter problem with my pre. Lucky me! [:D]