Where can I buy the padding that goes inside my Cornwall?

my local pack and ship store uses the exact same stuff found in all of the late 60's and 70's cornwalls. visit your local pack and ship stores and see if they use it. i will see if i can find the brand name on google.

Well, home-made is preferred here, but with the lack of all those artificial preservatives, it will surely not last as long in a sealed cabinet. Possibly you need a vented cabinet for the home-made stuff.

But seriously, I would like for one of the Heritage experts to chime in here. I have often wondered, but never asked, why the Heresy has no “padding”.

Rick

Well, home-made is preferred here, but with the lack of all those artificial preservatives, it will surely not last as long in a sealed cabinet. Possibly you need a vented cabinet for the home-made stuff.

But seriously, I would like for one of the Heritage experts to chime in here. I have often wondered, but never asked, why the Heresy has no “padding”.

Rick

Paul didn't think it made a significant difference in the sound.

From an engineering standpoint it has something to do with the volume of the cabinet. The Heresy I didn't need the padding, however, the Heresy II did. Klipsch used a different mounting technique for the II's attaching the horns and woofer to the face of the motorboard while the I's were attached at the rear. This could account for the difference in internal volume which the foam padding takes up in the II. Course this is all from memory...YMMV.