My Amazing Weekend - The Rotary Auction

wsu99999

Every so often, luck shines on me! This weekend, I reluctantly went to an auction because my fiance wanted to look around. I thought it would be a bunch of old tools, furniture, etc. They had about 30 boxes of "junk" electronics sitting outside. These boxes were about the size of a Ford Expedition and stuffed completely full of "broken" electronics. Everything in the "broken" box was free!

When they say broken, really what they meant was it was either "too old" for them to sell OR "they" couldn't figure out how to work it so they sat it aside. If I had more time, I could have made about 30k reselling this stuff on Ebay. I only had about an hour - I had to park about 2 miles away - and it was 90 degrees outside so every item I wanted from the broken box , I would have to walk 2 miles lugging it around to get back to my car. Needless to say, I got some nice stuff listed below.....

1 - Sony Betamax recorder - (don't remember the model # now but the last one sold on Ebay for 600) works perfectly!

1 - Pioneer Elite DVD player - 5 disc changer- mint - beautiful

1 - Nakamichi Dragon Tape deck - Seriously! The power cord is missing, but I'm willing to bet it works.

Those were the highlights, but I also got about 5 other items that I can't remember now (i'm at work). Needless to say, next year, I'm renting a U-Haul, going to this thing, and quiting my job :)

The stuff I can't remember is good too. I will repost when I get home. My house is empty right now :() I'm just greatful for my woman making us go! I scored way more than she ever could have there. Like I said, I can't wait till next year. I will be donating my time to them and helping them test the electronics. Anything that they don't want, OR that doesn't work but is a high end item, I will be putting in a pile and hauling it off the night before. It is a good cause for them, and a great one for me. I feel that I should help them out at the very least if I'm getting something out of it.