DrWho

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! That place is about 10 min. from my

house (and right down the street from the Leaning Towner of Niles for

you tourist types).

lol, that totally caught my eye when I drove by on Monday. Is it worth checking out?

I bet you would know where all the good places to eat are too?

Maybe. It is near the YMCA there. 10 years ago, when I was in law school and eating at a coffee shop off near the Water Tower, I overheard a conversation of 2 English speaking Europeans. They were making their way across the states, staying at various YMCA's and hostels. Apparently, according to these two, that "Y," at that time, anyway, was known far and wide to offer a swinging good time, if you catch my meaning. As for the tower itself, I'd say skip it ; )

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, does it really take 1.5 hrs to go from Aurora to Niles, or is that the roundtrip time?

Round trip is 3 hours...that includes getting from the south side of aurora/naperville to the rt 59 exit on the interstate, which is a good 30-40 minute start to the trip.

I'm actually car pooling now with 2 other guys at work that happen to
live in the area....we're all saving like $200 a month on gas! [:o]

Guest srobak

He's not lying... I actually live near Shure now, but am moving to North Aurora oddly enough. Both I88 and I55 are nightmares in the morning heading towards the city, and where they interchange with 355 and 294 are giant parking lots. Without traffic, you could make it from Aurora to the city in about an hour.

DrWho - check your PM's

Guest srobak

Oops - I forgot to add - they are right next door to MacPherson speakers. I did some work with them about 13 or 14 years ago when they were still in Lansing MI. GREAT PA cabinets.

Dr,

You will want to get all the hot deals you can on mic's. Especially the good stuff. Of course you have already thought of this I am sure.

All,
I explain to Mike earlier that he is now part of the big famliy of audio engineers and audio related professional. It is a rather small tight knit group of people who love what they do and have a great deal of respect for one another nomatter who they work for. (most of the time)

Enjoy the experience Mike.