popcorn machine

damonrpayne

Learning to use my new camera, (Canon Rebel XTi) I got a tripod made huge improvements in several areas but not happy with how the low-light stuff is turning out yet. Going to have to drag some lamps down there and experiment. Here's a shot of the back with my popcorn machine.

post-12530-13819381865984_thumb.jpg

post-12530-13819393266642_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

If you're using a tripod for "still" photos, you can set the camera to M (manual) and leave the shutter open as long as you need it. Change the speed with the dial.

That's the beauty of digital...just delete what you don't like [:)]

I need to get a popcorn machine, but I wouldn't have it in the room. I am sure that thing would rattle like crazy with my twin Velodyne HGS18-IIs. Doesn't your sub make that thing anoying to have in the room??

Roger

My sub is about 25' away from the popcorn machine, it definately does not rattle. Maybe this means I need a better sub?

If you're using a tripod for "still" photos, you can set the camera to M (manual) and leave the shutter open as long as you need it. Change the speed with the dial.

That's the beauty of digital...just delete what you don't like Smile

This would be an advanced technique for me at this stage, but I'll read up on this in the manual and try it this weekend!

I need to get a popcorn machine, but I wouldn't have it in the room. I am sure that thing would rattle like crazy with my twin Velodyne HGS18-IIs. Doesn't your sub make that thing anoying to have in the room??

Roger

My sub is about 25' away from the popcorn machine, it definately does not rattle. Maybe this means I need a better sub?

If your popcorn machine rattles at 5 feet from the sub, but wont at 25 feet, then I would say yes, that you need more sub!![:)]

I would assume with glass doors and the weighted popping lid, that it would rattle with any really serious bass hit. I personally love the gun shot effects on open range with my Velodynes!![6]

Roger

The sub is level-matched to the rest of the speakers and I don't watch movies at insane volumes!

I highly beg to differ!! Isn't Insanity that keeps us comming back for more?? Look at The Ear, and his obsession with mass accumulation of Subs! Look at at "the house of Klipsch and his accumulation of large Klipsch, and then there is Thebes, well he just needs help period!![^o)][<:o)][:#]

Roger[6]

Try the Auto or tungsten light settings. Looks like you were set for daylight and the orange tungsten glow took over. If raw images you can tweak em in Photoshop, but easier to learn the cameras CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE settings.

Nice machine- yummy popcorn (even if it is very bad health-wise)