Behringer better than Velodyne?!? Say it isn't so...

DrWho

I am not that surprised, I have purchased a few Behringer products(active crossovers,a 2494 and two EP2500)and so far they do a great job. Good the test was done. Shows some myths are just myths. Velodyne better scramble to the drawing board,the subs they offer(DD series) are surpassed by many competitors and this SMS...well.

Like Crown amps,QSC beats Crown to the ground in performance. I have purchased five QSC and five Crown power amps. Price to price,the QSC are better built and deliver better performance.

I am glad tests are being done to show actual data ,there opinions of the fanboys become worthless. [:D]

Good for you!! [:D]

The room is a big factor. Dialing my subs in for my living room system was ten times more difficult than my bedroom system......and they're basically the same set-ups.

I agree about Velo getting left in the dust. They still have great SQ going for them, that cannot be taken away, but that's about it. I used to dream of one day being able to afford a Velodyne servo 18" when I was a teenager and now that I could Velo wasn't even an afterthought (DIY/Custom for me). I mean how old is the DD series? Isn't it atleast 5 years old and essentially unchanged where it counts, the driver, the enclosure, the amp? Meanwhile JL, SVS, HSU have increasingly upped their games and relative newcomers EPIK, ED and AV123 are dropping cost effective SW bombs.

I keep waiting for them to come out with a completely new line to get back in the ring with...and waiting...and waiting...