Speakers

matthew2

when you consider the amount of performance you get from an RF3 or RB5 for $800 - it makes taking anything else seriously kind of laughable.

I heard some McIntosh speakers last week that sounded better than RF3's - they were $3500.

The RF7's however waxed them.

------------------

deanG

apples and oranges,

the cone speakers that I want to hear are the PSBs, the ones that I am going to hear soon are the Audio Axioms and the Green Mountian Europas, the only ones which impressed me lately was the thin and delicate cones of the JM Labs Coblat and Electras ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

What do you guys think of MB Quart Home speakers?

I personally have never heard them http://www.mbquart.com

I do however have there speakers in my car 6.5 components

in the front and rear with upgraded front X-overs and

they sound phenominal off a high quality amp. Almost

Klipsch Like can be played loud and long with no problems

If there home audio sounds simular it could be another

brand out there to listen too. But no brand.. NONE!

is klipsch and i wouldnt switch ever. There made in

Germany..

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

Athena Technologies and Mirage are garbage, don't waste your time.

Paradigm is a step above...especially when you get into their upper range models.

Energy (I'm told) is beyond Paradigm. The Veritas 2.3 is supposed to be especially nice.

I think you will find that they all have a different sound from Klipsch. Klipsch definitely wins the slam factor. If your looking for detailed sound, Klipsch does fine, but there are others that are better. I find the Paradigm a little too muddy for my tastes, but I've never had the chance to try any of these in a side by side testing with Klipsch.

MBQuart: I've only heard one model of theirs. It was a bookshelf model a number of years ago. I don't remember it being anything special, though I don't recall any negatives about them either.

Axiom Audio Millennia M3Ti Loudspeakers

Price: $275 USD per pair or used for less (with free FED EX shipping!)

Warranty: Five years parts and labor.

Axiom Audio

Highway #60

Dwight, ON, Canada P0A 1H0

Phone: (705) 635-2222

Fax: (705) 635-1972

"Astonishingly good-sounding low-priced speakers that do so much right."

These beauties have style, too, with pure aluminum woofer cones, 15 oz ferrofluid cooled titanium tweeters, vortex porting, and seamless cabinets in Black Oak or Boston Cherry finishes. With 5 way gold plated binding posts for clearer connections.

With the ASL Wave 8 amps, these little puppies rock. They are smooth and detailed. Impressive construction. Incredible value for the money. Very smart attention to detail. Show how good cone and inexpensive speakers can be. I have not heard the PSBs, but if they come any near this level of performance, then they really can sing.

There is nothing like an efficient speaker on a tube amp. I bet the Klipsch RB5 sound even better. With the Bottle head 2A3 Paramnours, the sound was delicate, smooth and detailed. Eminently listenable.

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

Forget about the Mirage and Athena speakers. They are pretty much worthless. The low end of the Energy line is junk. It's very cheaply made. If you get into the reference line of Paradigm I would give it a listen. The Studio 20's are great bookshelf speakers for $600. I've listened to Energy and Paradigm Ref. Speakers alongside Klipsch and would say that they couldn't really compete.