Hdmi 1.3 receiver - need a cheap one!!

wsu99999

Any advice would be much appreciated, and the sooner the better....

I just sold my Flagship HK 745 for a really big profit. It was too good of a deal for me to be true. I am using the money to pay off some bills but I wanted to set aside 300 bucks or so to find a budget replacement that I could use for a few months.

I would really like to find a entry level receiver that took advantage of the new HD-Audio codecs and that passed 1080p 24hz through. Does anyone know of a good receiver that is in the 300 area and does this?

Does anyone know if the Pioneer vsx-90txv will? I found one for cheap cheap cheap and it looks to be a good unit from the specs.

Any other receivers? Requirements are as follows.....

1. Must have preouts! In case the internal sound amplification sucks, I need to be able to run my LaScalas off of an external amp.

2. Must flawlessly pass 1080P

3. Must be able to take advantage of HD audio codecs (if it doesn't do the one that's really hard, it's ok - I remember reading about receivers not being able to do DTS Master audio or something like that - if it can do the rest - were all good!_)

Thanks for your help!!

I'd look at the Yamaha rvx-663 The only issue I'm not sure about is the 1080p 24 hz but you can look on the owners thread on AVSForum.

I know you didn't ask but Going from HKs flagship to an entry level Yamaha may disappoint you. But if you have a really good amp then it's not a big deal.

Guest srobak

Or you can get another HK... my 645 works just fine for me, and cost a few bones less than the 745. Haven't come anywhere close to running out of headroom yet.

The only complaint I have with the 645 and 745 is there only hdmi1.1. I would need at LEAST 1.2 so that 1080p will pass thru. I'm assuming there are some 1.2 receivers out there that the prices are getting slashed on, but I can't really find any that have what I want.

It seems like every receiver I find is missing one thing or the other.

As for saving money... this is needed for a temporary setup. Since I just sold my HK I need something to hold me over. If I buy something for 350 or 400 bucks, it will sell for at least 300 in 3 or 4 months and if I get a good enough deal somewhere, maybe even more.

I'm all about high end, and in a few months, I will buy another really high end model, but for now, I just need something to hold me over until I can save enough. I have my eye on a Marantz 9002 (or equivilent when it is released) and will keep this unit until Marantz put's out their new high end unit. Hopefully it comes out soon....

Guest srobak

hrm... ok - HK 645 or 745... with an Oppo HDMI 1.3 switch? :)

Or wait until the 754 comes out? I know it will be 1.3

The 354 is out now, and is 75x7 and HDMI 1.3

Just a thought. :)

The Sr606 would be perfect for what I need but I would absolutely have to use preouts for the LaScala's - there is no way those amp's sound good putting out less than a watt.

I'd can't imagine hooking the 805 to my 7's,it barely passes on the klf20's.The 606 would not even be in the running for Lascala's if they were mine,only my opinion.

Does the Oppo switch work? I tried another brand and it didn't send the audio through. Actually if it does work, and your sure it works, don't even tell me - I think I would cry.

Not sure how to answer this...Well, I have it and really like the automatic switching (by port order priority), though it does take a few seconds to do so.

I ended up getting a Yamaha RX-v861. It was at one point a receiver w/ a msrp of 999 that I got for 240ish. Got it off Ebay. It will allow me to pass 1080p through bluray, and hd-dvd and it will process PCM signals so I will be able to process lossless audio. I'm just worried about it's internal amps. Other than that- I think it will do just fine. I can always hook up one of my external amps to it for the LS and FOrtes'. Thanks for everyones help