vintage stereo store in new york city???????

does anyone know if one exists? i have done some searches on computer and phone book. i thought there would be one here. i, and another forum member, will be here till august 10th. any new york forum members chime in on stereo and or food suggestions. my personal goal is to double my cholesterol before i return home. many thanks.

The best one on the forum to ask this question of is Guy Landau who has probably purchased umpteen pieces of vintage and new gear before relocating to Israel a couple of years ago. PM or email him. If there's a place like that in the Apple he will know about it.

How's the Scottt 299 treating you?

Nothing in NYC that I am aware of. NYC is pricey reale estate.

Pawn shops deal in gold for the most part. Audio stores deal with new high end stuff and do trade ins for recent models.

The only vintage gear I've seen lately is a fisher 400 reciever that i gave away about 3 weeks ago.

What's an audio store?...none here on Long Island. Oh yeah, you mean that fancy place that does "Custom Home Theater Installations"? The very place that claims to be a Rega dealer. "Do you have ANY Rega equipment?", I asked the store clerk. "Well no, but we can order it for you" he responded. As I turned to walk out I noticed the clerk was wrong and there was in fact a lone Rega product on display. Under the glass counter, beside the register sat an old and dusty Rega cartridge with a small Rega plaque beside it. Dealer indeed. Done venting; No vintage stores I know of anywhere in the NYC metro area. I'd search Craigslist now though. NYC is a big list with lots of scammers but plenty of good deals too. Heresy's are popular in NYC, kg4's too, some nice CW's with cane grills just sold for $700 with their original boxes and they didn't last long. Turntables and receivers at bargain prices can also be found.

Would be better to try Audiogon or Ebay.

I have a pair of Radio Craftsmen C-500A monoblocks at a friend's place in NJ, that I'd like to sell. They were designed by Sid Smith who later joined Marantz and designed the 8 & 8b.

Let me know if you might be interested in these instead.