Taking a chance on MC-1000's

tim3

I think I'm going to get the mono amps.I've allways wanted a Mac.I just don't understand why no one else bought these seeing they retail for $12,000.I'm going to hit the gym for awhile & think about it more,but the guy says they're guaranteed.If anyone knows why I should'nt buy these,please,please let me know.Thanks,Tim.P.S.If I do purchase these,I'll have 2 Bryston 4B's to get rid of.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to get the mono amps.I've allways wanted a Mac.I just don't understand why no one else bought these seeing they retail for $12,000.I'm going to hit the gym for awhile & think about it more,but the guy says they're guaranteed.If anyone knows why I should'nt buy these,please,please let me know.Thanks,Tim.P.S.If I do purchase these,I'll have 2 Bryston 4B's to get rid of.

Do me a favor, pick up the McIntosh 6 channel amp, the MC275 tube and and the Levinson CD player for me. I'll pay you $500 above the asking price for your efforts. I only pay upon receipt.

This is a scam, it has it written all over it, do not fall for it, even if the guy says that they are guaranteed.

They are listed in Oklahoma. Check this out (it took about 20 seconds to dig this up):

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=fret-audio.com

http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1214068719

Oklahoma is a far way from the Netherlands.

Look at this one:

http://www.sulekhab2b.com/viewoffer/company/528125/fret-audio-shop.htm

"we're hifi audio store shop online please check our webstore for more infos" When is the last time you heard someone from Oklahoma talk like this?

Enjoy your workout and forget about all of this. In the future if you do find somehting that you are really interested in and the price is reasonable (and it is not a scam) you may want to reconsider posting a link on a forum or someone elese will ****** it up. Just some food for thought. [:#]

Thanks for saving me $1800 fellas.I'm not sure if I would of went through with it or not.If he said I was responsible for shipping,I probably would have,but being an U.P.S. driver,I know how much these would be to ship.Thanks again.Tim.

• Like 1

Thanks for saving me $1800 fellas.I'm not sure if I would of went through with it or not.If he said I was responsible for shipping,I probably would have,but being an U.P.S. driver,I know how much these would be to ship.Thanks again.Tim.

No problem. Your Brystons are outstanding amps, no need to change them. I have a pair of 7B ST's and they have enourmous reserve power and run cool as can be, even when driven hard. Actually, one 4B should be more than enough for any Klipsch speaker. What speakers do you have?

I have a #,in fact I left him a message this morning on voicemail.He sent me back 3 emails.One said the Macs are guaranteed not DOA.Another said forgive my english.The last said he would call me or I could call him after 7 AM!I thought he put am instead of pm because he was from another country.Turns out sounds like he is in a different country.This shit just aint' right.I'm up for calling his bluff if anyone has a good idea.Thanks,Tim.

• Like 1

1000 watts is a lot of power for Klipsch speakers. Escecially Mac power. I'm runnin 100 WPC Mcintosh into my Khorns. My threshhold of pain is in between 1/3 and 1/2 power.

I use to run 300 WPC MAC and I found dropping it down and making the amp work a bit sounded better than just letting them coast at an idle.

JM

I have a #,in fact I left him a message this morning on voicemail.He sent me back 3 emails.One said the Macs are guaranteed not DOA.Another said forgive my english.The last said he would call me or I could call him after 7 AM!I thought he put am instead of pm because he was from another country.Turns out sounds like he is in a different country.This *** just aint' right.I'm up for calling his bluff if anyone has a good idea.Thanks,Tim.

Ask him to send you a photo of the amps with him holding a "fork" in front of them.

And/Or meet you half-way on delivery at a populated location.....you will even pay for his gas and time by the hour! What a deal!

jc

I'll call him right now & say I'm getting a red eye flight in to hear them & will have cash in hand.I'll let everyone know what turns up.Even though this guy deserves what he gets,do 2 wrongs make a right.I'd at least want to stopo this guy from ripping off other people.Is this cool with everyone?Thanks,Tim.

• Like 1