Milwaukee Irish Music Festival

Marvel

Anyone attending the Irish music festival in Milwaukee? It ends tomorrow, but there are a LOT of musicians there. There were probably thirty or more musicians on my flight from Dublin to Chicago on Wednesday. I had to get back to work and have used up my vacation, or I would have tried to make arrangements to go.

btw, the exchange rate for the euro was killing me. $100 only got me about 61-64 euros... [:(]

Bruce

http://www.irishfest.com/

Totally pleasure!

This will seem rather round about, but my gf has a sister who works in Ireland and they hadn't seen each other in six years. Another in Iceland she hadn't seen in seven or eight years. So we worked out for her to fly from Hong Kong to Dublin and we met there and took a bus across the country to meet them in Limerick.

The sister and brother in law in Ireland are both nurses (approx. 10k Filipinos in Ireland, the majority in health care).

Although it rains a lot in Ireland, they are having a particulary rainy summer this year, so we didn't get much sight seeing in. When it rained it was often in the upper 60s, so pretty chilly if you got wet. We did get one good day trip in to the Cliffs of Moher on the western coast. 650 drop into the ocean! I suppose a couple of pics are in order, but I have to pull them off the camera still.

Bruce