Amp for Khorns

captmobley

I know you guys are tired of us greenhorns,but....I just scored a pair of black 1990 khorns for $1000 and my Yamaha V496 reciever is probably sending y'all into spasms-i need help! What can I power these puppies with that I won't have to take out a second mortgage to buy-can you suggest something in the $300-$500 range-I do have Infinity rear speakers, Klipsch KSW15 sub, and Klipsch RC3 center channel. I would like to keep the home theatre thing going if I can-but am open to suggestions. Thanx for any and all advice.

if you are looking for 5.1 surround please do your self a big favor and check out Outlaw Audio........New they are more than your range but you may be able to find a used receiver.

I recently bought a Pioneer Elite and kick myself for not getting an outlaw....they sound great on Klipshorns.......and several hundred less....

also you will want to start to budget for a different center chanel....It will be fine at first but after a week or so you will really notice that the RC3 doesn't match your horns very well................

Go to the thread on the Yamaha CR2020 and email "thefluffy"

He is going to pass on the Yamaha CR2020 and get his father's CR1020. I had one of these. It made my Heresys make bass that I never thought that they had. The CR2020 has an asking price of $250. It is a beautiful piece of vintage gear with a wooden case and will outdo the HK430-930's that everyone loves so much here.