LPs one more time

whatever55

I have been reading the owner's comments about some of the expensive Audiophile LPs that are coming out and there have been some with quality issues...I think RTI had some issues...scratches, bad labels, etc.  The recent Doors Box set comes to mind and some of the $50 AP blue note jazz lps.   The sellers have been very good about replacing the damanged lps.  The problem might be for those who are "investing" and keeping them sealed.   A few years later when they are resold who knows what lies under the shrink.   I have read posts recommending buyers open them so they can get the issues resolved...if needed.

I think they understand that buyers of $50 records don't want waprs, mis-placed labels, scratches, etc.

On another note...it's interesting to compare not only digital vs analog but different analog pressings.  I compared my re-issue Elvis 50th Ann. vinyl to my original and while the original had some surface noise and a little groove distortion the sound was more enjoyable...more dynamic, clearer, it really rocked where the re-issue sounded lifeless.

The AP and MM $50 Blue Note re-issues are interesting.  You can buy a poorly reviewed $10 new vinyl re-issue, a $30 Classic reissue, and a $12 new cd of the same title yet the enthusiasts love the sound of these re-issues at $50.  The Music Matters have especially nice gatefold covers and photos.  They do sound great and I wonder if they will go up in value like the other AP issues.

I have most of the released MM Blue Notes and they are truly outstanding,,,

Also have a few of the AP blue notes and the last batch that just came in...I had problems with...the covers were split and the vinyl was awful on one of them....well it even happens to the best...Acoustic sound took them back no questions asked...great customer service Dept.

I own multiple releases of many classic jazz albums....I have a few original Miles Davis pressings and bought some Prestige re-releases so as not to have to play the originals.......on some the re-releases are better pressings.

there is so much material out there...I've become obsessed with finding playable copies ....keeps me going

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic