Just Met Jonny Lang

justin_tx_16

Remember Jonny Lang? He was part of the Klipsch Legend's series where famous music performers advertised their love of Klipsch?

Well, I just met him, we had coffee together at Starbucks as I was cooling off from my bike ride (iced coffee for me).

He was every bit as nice as you would expect and said he still loves the Klipsch speakers he got. He was just so personable and nice and has a concert tonight which I will of course be attending.

Klipsch not only makes the best speakers the world over, they choose some of the best people to represent them. Way to go!

are you sure that's not Kevin Bacon? He has on like 5 hair products! LOL

seriously man- fantastic shot - brilliant lighting and great expression! being in the right place at the right time and BEING READY is how this stuff happens. You've got what it takes, keep up the good work. How'd you get those seats or are you in the pit with the journalists?

Michael (walk softly and carry a big camera)

Well, out here in Columbia where we have the infamous School of Journalism; people are pretty quick to get out of the way of the 200mm lens mounted onto a suped up Nikon D80 with battery grip. Makes you look like quite the pro. We have an international film festival here and tons of concerts both of which bring in a good number of pro photographers and the students who want to be just like them some day.

I actually met Jonny earlier in the day and the guy he was with saw me pushing my way up to the front. With a wink, really, he opened up the pit for me. But I was actually almost too close for that (only about 3 feet from the stage) so even my 50mm was a bit much at that angle (not very flattering) so I backed up into the crowd for most of the shots.

I was using a 80-200mm f2.8 Nikon lens for about 90% of the photographs and I stick pretty much at extremes, 80 and 200 to make things look more natural (at least to my eyes).

Glad you guys like the photo and he really is an awesome guy and a terrific performer. I've never seen someone get so into the instrument they were playing and the songs they were singing. It is quite a workout for him physically and emotionally.

2808012977_7335afd160_b.jpg

If you haven't had a chance to see him live, do it. Worth every penny (even when you get in for free haha).

Oh and he said he's going back into the studio in February to work on his next CD. Rock on!