veloceleste

Congrats! The Chorus II is one of the best looking speakers klipsch ever came up with -for whatever that's worth! ha Actually, I've never had an oppotunity to give the Chorus II a fair listen, so I can't comment on the sound, really. I'm sure they rock, though! Enjoy!!

I sold my modified Forte 1's this week (with a touch of seller's remorse) and was going in a different direction, towards the east coast, when a pair of Chorus II's become available locally at a fair price. I have never heard nor seen Chorus speakers before and had only read about them. Honestly, I didn't think I would like them as much as the Fortes based on what I had read, but figured I could easily re-sell them if i didn't like them. Lucky for me I didn't spend the Forte money right away. Although not as cosmetically nice as my Fortes they are quite presentable and mechanically they are perfect. Initial impressions/comparisons between the Fortes and Chorus II are:

Chorus II have bigger, more diffuse sound stage.

Chorus II bass is faster and cleaner but not as powerful.

My favorite difference between the two: The Chorus II sound is effortless and relaxed compared to the Fortes. At lower volume I get all the detail that I felt was only heard at higher levels on the Fortes.

As for upgrades/modifications; I don't feel the need to do any right now. TheChorus II sound that good to me.

Congrats on the Chorus II's.

I've been preaching it for many years about them. They are also one of the most neutral speakers I know of. There is no honky tonk with a Chorus II. You might also need a little more artillery than what you used to power the Forte. Takes a little more to get that 15 inch woofer moving. But trust me they will take all you can throw at them and do it with authority. They only get smoother and hit harder as you move up. Keep it good clean power though, don't want to fry any tweets along the way. But you are exactly right at lower volumes they shine as well. Anyone thinks a Chorus II is muddy they are confusing it with another speaker.