What are these? Not Klipsch

wsu99999

Methinks the 4650 (edit - 4560) were also known as 'Perkins Bins' fwiw. (Whether the attribution is accurate, I do not know).

One issue with the 816 seems to be the paralell top and bottom planes. I have read (only read) that this may be less desirable for introduction of standing waves between the paralell faces, as contrasted to the A7 VOTT, which has has the interior face sloped. Might be something to look at and read up on before a purchase. I don't know if the JBL's had similar paralell faces.

I think what you'd want to find out before considering the $800 tag is what the drivers are. 3 (albeit water damaged) 816's went on the bay for 9.99 the other day, and I have seen the 'Perkins' for $200-$400/pair more or less, depending on drivers. These look to be in nicer shape generally, but that's also due to the 'carpet'... if you're into 'carpet'.

As for the pics, you could probably d/l them locally and crank up the brightness or contrast in an image program. Does not look pretty but would reveal info not seen currently.

Altec A7 or JBL 4560 clones are not worth anything.

The drivers in them may be worth something, depends on what they are.

Genuine Altec A7/A5 boxes have some residual value if in perfect shape and are local to you (and are not the later particle-board ones).

All others are hard to give away, and landfill fees can be high.

Posted Image

JBL 4560s on top of EV TL5050s