New Klipsch HT

Optical Standards

I am switching over to Klipsch speakers in my HT system. I have been using Definitive Technology bipolars for about 8-10 years. The room is 2048 cf sealed. I have GIK tri-traps from floor to ceiling in the corners as well as panels.

My current configuration.

Mains: BP 2000TL
Center: C/L/R 3000
Sides: BPVX
Rear: BPVX

Subwoofers: Duel Epik Conquests, HSU ULS-15 DuelDrive System, Duel HSU MBM-12's, Duel original Buttkickers driven by duel bridged Crown K2's. Anti-Mode 8033 room correction

Controller: Parasound C2
Amplifier: B&K Reference 7.1

I am switching to Klipsch

Mains: RF-83
Center: RC-64
Sides: RF-63
Rears: RS-62

They should arrive in a few days.

OS

Welcome to the forums OS. You will have one sweet system once it is setup. Please post some pics once you do. I absolutely love my RF-83's. They'll rock your world, especially with the B&K & Parasound combo. I'm drooling. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking to upgrade the C2 possibly with the C3 when it's released.

Your numerous subs are acceptable.... But just barely.

I have owned the Conquests for a few weeks now. I purchased them to replace some Velodyne HGS-18's I had been using. I added the MBM-12's recently as well. I just picked up the ULS-15 DuelDrive system. I have been using tactile transducers in my system for at least 10 years.

That's going to be a kick-butt system for sure. However, I thought side surrounds are recommended to be more of the RS-62 type and the rears more of the RF-63 type?

I believe that is user preference. I originally had ordered a pair of RS-62's for the sides as well. Due to my new room configuration I decided to try some direct floorstanders on the sides. If I don't like the performance I will hang some RS-62's on the side walls.

OS

I believe that is user preference. I originally had ordered a pair of RS-62's for the sides as well. Due to my new room configuration I decided to try some direct floorstanders on the sides. If I don't like the performance I will hang some RS-62's on the side walls.

OS

I think whatever way you decide, you have many of us very jealous on here! [6]

The room is 2000cf? That amounts to 20 x10 x10. That's not that big. Why do you need all the towers? I think the RS-62's would do a better job of dispersing the sound, especially if you are used to DefTech dipoles.

I use the RS-62's . there is no localization of sound. My RF-63's are very point specific. If you are out of their direction, the sound is not as rich.

The room is 2000cf? That amounts to 20 x10 x10. That's not that big. Why do you need all the towers? I think the RS-62's would do a better job of dispersing the sound, especially if you are used to DefTech dipoles.

I use the RS-62's . there is no localization of sound. My RF-63's are very point specific. If you are out of their direction, the sound is not as rich.

The room is 15 ft wide and has seating for one. I originally was going to put some RS-62's on the side walls were my Def Tech BPVX's are. Due to a right side wall room configuration that changed I decided to go with some floorstanding RF-63's. After doing some research I also decided I wanted to try some directs for side surrounds.

OS

• 2 weeks later...

The room is 15 ft wide and has seating for one. I originally was going to put some RS-62's on the side walls were my Def Tech BPVX's are. Due to a right side wall room configuration that changed I decided to go with some floorstanding RF-63's. After doing some research I also decided I wanted to try some directs for side surrounds.

OS

I also installed some RS-62's on the side walls this evening. I haven't had time to do any A/B comparisons with the RF-63's on the floor.

OS