Where do you guys (ladies) place your la scalas for best sound?

Normo

I put mine very close to the corner and twist them so they point toward me. I believe that all the original designs by Klipsch were to be put into corners. However the LaScala was designed to be used outdoors. They sound very good when used with a good quality sub. The room itself dictates where they (any speakers) sound best.

I had mine on the long wall to the left, but moved them. Now they are on each side of the entrance to the living room. The room is 13 ft. across, and each cabinet is two ft in from the left and right wall, six ft from the back wall that the gas fireplace is on. I sit about 21-13 ft from the fronts.

Imaging is great, I have plenty of bass and left right image spread.

Bruce

post-7149-13819411484812_thumb.jpg

I like this shot of G.Kennedy's LS Industrials. No wall anywhere close.

Ha ... pretty funny Marvel .... this is how they are wedged into my apartment. Not ideal ... but they sound great. Planning on getting them out to the desert again this fall

To the OP .... I think ideally they would sound best in corners, slightly toed in .... but they seem very forgiving of placement. Wood floors seem to help boost the bass.

Posted Image

Ha ... pretty funny Marvel .... this is how they are wedged into my apartment. Not ideal ... but they sound great. Planning on getting them out to the desert again this fall

I knew you would take it in the spirit I meant. I love the split woodies!

Since my living room is open to the hall on one side, there's no corner there for the right speaker. Accordingly, I kept the left speaker three or four feet out of its corner, so the bass response would be similar for both speakers. To get the most even bass response, the speakers are 4.5 inches from the wall, measured from the nearest corner of each one. For best treble response, they're toed in directly toward the listening position, the left cushion on the reclining sofa. It has two wide cushions, so it's like a sofa-length loveseat. The living room itself is 18' x 19'.

This program, Arrange-a-Room, makes it easy to describe and visualize room layouts and speaker positioning. The box beside the left speaker is the sub, then comes the audio rack, then the TV. Next to that is the turntable cabinet, then the right speaker, then a small table against the wall and an LP-storage hassock. At the bottom of the diagram are the Heresy II surrounds.

post-23736-13819417509946_thumb.jpg