K 33 S Woofer

jcmusic

I don't think I have heard of a K-33S.

K-33E Eminence Kentucky

K-33B Brownsville Texas

K-33P Paducah Kentucky

Those are city of manufacture.

Bob

I have a pair of k-33-v's, the V means made by Atlas.

"I have a pair of k-33-v's, the V means made by Atlas."

Never knew Atlas made woofers.

The k-33-v has come up a few on the forum. check the threads for k-33v, k-33-v, k33v.

Once in a khorn once in a belle, once in a cornwall, and once as a stand alone purchase.

Here's a picture of one of the pair I have. I got mine from Greg, which he pulled out of a khorn.

post-22082-13819417673498_thumb.jpg

Canyon, ask the guy for the "inked" code on the magnet. If it's there, you can determine who made it and when. Here's the link for deciphering the "who made it" part

VI. HERITAGE DRIVER CODES:

1. Driver Manufacturing Date Codes: Example: 9429 = 1994, 29th week of the year (1994).

2. This numbering system is derived from the Electronics Industry Association (EIA) coding. The EIA did not issue Klipsch with an EIA prefix.

3. For further information on the EIA system, see:

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/pots.html

Note: This site has additional manufacturers (including non-Klipsch components and an excellent resource for dating non-Klipsch equipment by the EIA "manufacturer & date-code" system.

But not totally consistent. Now Atlas is "X" as in K-55X.

Also a K-33J is Jensen.

Excellent primer Bob. You guys will also find this info on Marshalls 'everything you wanted to know about Heritage' thread.

You'll also find P15LL stamped in ink on the edged of the basket. I don't think my old CW woofers have the K33J on them, but will recheck. THere is no woofer magnet cover on which to affix the round Klipsch logo placard.