Kind of embarassing

Jay481985

I just removed all the grills from my 5.1 system only to find that the RB-75 have bigger horns than the rc-64/rf-83.

To any Klipsch Engineer, is there any compromises with the new smaller horn?

Also the 8 inch woofer looks bigger cause its a smaller enclosure but they measure the same, but again it looks bigger on the rb-75

I know you got the 75's at a nice price, but they're best left for a secondary system (when you get the BIG house) or rear centers.

What you really want now is correct WDST sound field and that will come from a pair of RS52 or RS62 speakers. Hang em on the side walls and hear the movies come alive.

When I used the RB-75 in my HT, I first had the RC-7. Later I had the chance to have the RC-64 at home. I felt the RC-64 a bit more natural sounding than the RC-7.

Now before the "stuff" hits the fan, my opinion......wife's as well, and a Klipsch engineer or two over to listen. No compromise with driver size.

So, leave the grills on, listen, how does it sound to "you"? The RC-64 olso uses the same grill mounting as the RB-75, looked great.

I know you got the 75's at a nice price, but they're best left for a secondary system (when you get the BIG house) or rear centers.

What you really want now is correct WDST sound field and that will come from a pair of RS52 or RS62 speakers. Hang em on the side walls and hear the movies come alive.

Its used as rears currently

It's not the size of the driver it's the sound of the driver that counts, hey wait that sounds familiar ?

The 402 will give anyone horn envy !

Jay If nothing else don't take off the grill covers in public !

haha I guess I cannot bare it all even in the privacy of my own dormroom!

When I used the RB-75 in my HT, I first had the RC-7. Later I had the chance to have the RC-64 at home. I felt the RC-64 a bit more natural sounding than the RC-7.

Now before the "stuff" hits the fan, my opinion......wife's as well, and a Klipsch engineer or two over to listen. No compromise with driver size.

So, leave the grills on, listen, how does it sound to "you"? The RC-64 olso uses the same grill mounting as the RB-75, looked great.

They sound great buts its kinda silly I guess to the ego that the bookshelves have bigger horns than the mains and center. Ego thing is all. They sound great.

Oh I cannot afford to get new speakers and if I do I will get a lot of flack from some forum members......

• Moderators

They sound great buts its kinda silly I guess to the ego that the bookshelves have bigger horns than the mains and center. Ego thing is all. They sound great.

Are you planning on leaving the grills on? If so, you are the only one that will know. The RF-52 has a bigger speaker cabinet than the RB-81's and the RB-75's. I would bet that the bookshelves mentioned would have a better SQ than the RF-52. So bigger is really irrelevant. So sit back, grab a soda, close your eyes and you will never know the difference. LOL. Really, I wouldn't sweat it. You have an awesome setup.