New TV stand for my KDS-60a2000 and RC-7? Any suggestions???

maseline_98

I'm looking for a new TV stand for my sony and my RC-7. That RC-7 is a beast and doesn't seem to fit well in many cabinets. The stand also needs to hold an emo xpa-5, marantz sr-8400, my motorola comast cablebox, my 360, and my 2 upcoming purchases(sony s550 and emo umc-1-->will lose the marantz when I get this).....I do not have room for a seperate media cabinet...the WAF was turned that down on a re-arrange of the living room...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Well...I guess my budget is kind of tight...probably less than $400 would be okay(still need to get my processor and BD Players...lol)....as far as metal, wood, glass tops(that's pretty optional). Currently everything is a walmart TV Stand that is supposed to be used for a 32"(I had my first sanyo 30" widescreen crt on it...that thing was heavy!) If it's wooden, I'd it to go with our other furniture(which looks like this: http://www.roomfulexpress.com/pittsburgh-furniture/profileshell/profile.php?profile=family&FAMILY_CD=864618488&source=recommend ) or my cherry RF-7s(which don't seem so cherry--> http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-7.aspx ). If it is metal, anything black or gray would match nicely because that's what my components are. I guess it just needs to be sturdy and big enough to hold my components...

Well I was going to recommend this one, http://www.bushfurniture.com/bushindustries/bushfurniture/productdetail/productdetail4.jsp?id=VS11536A-03&id9=&id10=&id11=RBC/%20S&id12=Rosebud%20Cherry, but after reading the list of components all the stuff will not fit in the two shelves. I have this same model, which looks great with the cherry RF-83, each shelf is 36"w x 10"h just enough room for my RC-64 to fit. Good luck on the search. BTW I have the matching audio rack.

James

• 2 months later...

I went to an Unfinished furniture store. Using my measurements and descriptions they Built one out of Solid Oak for 400.00. It is a beautiful, but heavy piece.............Good Luck.

I had them make it unfinished, and I sanded and stained it myself. This alone saved me 100.00 dollars..........JMHO.

64 Long x 19 Deep x 22 High. It has two supports with peg holes, with three adjustable shelves so I could fit in a Center speaker. Looks like this without the doors................Stained Golden Oak.

post-4626-13819428041498_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. You could look at the Salamander units. You can custom build one to fit whatever components you have. their website has a page where you can build your unit, look at it and price it at the same time. Plenty of room far an RC-7, or whatever center you want. The monitor on top is a 60" plasma for comparison.

post-15193-13819428174792_thumb.jpg

james....yeah i saw that after i went to the emotiva site.....i was very happy to see that......

also if you notice the ps2 in the upper left hand side.....i didn't measure for that.....i just noticed it when i had it out. it fits like a glove in there! i was also happy to find out that a Wii will fit in the upper right hand side. again, that just ended up happining....very cool....