Indy's (Roger's) 7500!!

colterphoto1

I just noticed that my good friend IndyKlispchFan (Roger) has just hit 7500 posts on the Klipsch Forum. We always like to celebrate milestones on the Forum so let's have at it. [^] It's been a pleasure to share time with Roger both in our private lives
and here on the Forum. I know many of you guys have met him and have
war stories to tell so I thought this might be a fun place to share
some stories about hangin' with 'Indy'. [:-*]

He and I knew each other in high school and became reacquainted through the Klipsch Forum. I consider him one of my best friends today and we have shared innumerable hours on this forum, on the phone, at each other's homes, in front of the movie screen, and on road trips for some of our many Klipsch purchases. He's the guy I call when I need a second set of really good ears 'can you hear that....?' or to move some of my massive pro gear. And he's always here when called upon. Great guy. I hope I've been as good as good of friend to him as he has to me.

Some of my favorite times have been our road trips. [au] We travelled to Miami to pick up the remaining pieces of his all-LSI
home theater [Y] and I think that's when I made the fateful 'quick
stop' in dangerous interstate traffic that shifted the load [:o] and
solidified my days as map-reader, Diet Rock Star-pourer [H] , and
finder of the next fuel stop. I was never allowed to drive him again. There was last year when we visited Hope and he got a call about a sick relative and hot-footed it back the last couple hours at well-past-the-speed-limit speeds. He even took me all the way to Green Bay last winter to pick up some pro gear that he at first wanted to buy, then let me add it to my collection. It was spooky driving into GB during on a game Sunday- it was like a ghost town!

Hope to hang out with you again soon. I got Iron Man the other day... dude, you wouldn't believe the LF with the THX subs.... [:D], first time I've rattled the china in Grandma's antique oak cabinet and been truly afraid that I'd break something [;)].

yer buddy

Michael

• Moderators

Roger was the first person I met at my first Pilgrimage in Hope. I was nervous about meeting everyone and felt a little strange looking at everyones name badges as I talked to them. Roger and i was walking past each other and he looked at me and said " dude chill out " with a big smile like he always has, I started laughing and felt much better realizing I had no reason to be nervous. It turned out to be a great weekend talking with everyone.

In Indy for my next Pilgrimage I was Lucky enough to spend our nights either at Rogers or Michaels for almost a week. The one thing I will say about that week and the few other times we have been together for more than a day is when I am around them I don't sleep much ! At Rogers we were up all night in his Theater listening to music, watching movies and talking. We did the more or less the same at Michaels, sometimes ending up sitting outside talking. One night Drwho and I were talking on Michaels front porch and noticed the sky becoming lighter to the east and a few minutes later realized it was sunrise,[:o] we had no idea what time it was and that we were talking all night.

Every time we are together is is a good time, but I need a couple of days to recover when I get home !

Congratulations on 7500 !

Dtel and family rolled in spent some nights from "Down South" Mississippi I think a little afraid of us northerners..LOL. He jumped in when food needed to be made, and I have to say the best hamburgers to date on my gas grill!!

Christy and grandson Buddy fit right in, relaxing and just being yourself is about my only rule here... We had a blast with everyone.

The one thing I miss more about college now being removed from it several years, is the ability to dream big, BS, and argue points of interest .. Some late night ramblings were silly, like who you like music wise and who do you hate and why? And some were more serious like politics, religion, and who makes the best pizza!! (LOL) When you get out of school we seem in our USA society not to be able to speak our minds out in public so much cause you might "offend" someone ? hmmmm I thought that is how we learned a lot of things in life, by taking a stand and going forward with it. As kids we learned to walk, to ride a bike, and to sing too. Sometimes we figured it out some with help from loved ones and friends in the beginning and became better with time by ourselves and being challenged too.

Music is a big part of my life to the point it matters to me to surround myself in it and share it with people.

The cool thing about finally getting a HT done is being able to share it.. Again not so much to show off, but to share the experience. When you get people who already love Klipsch, it is even a bigger bonus! Klipsch fans from all backgrounds are welcome here... even if I do not understand all that southern New Orleans accent what the heck they are saying!! hahahahahahaha.

• Moderators

We weren't really afraid of northerners, but after hearing all the stories............[:|]....., not really I think we were a little dizzy from the high altitude, after all we were way above sea level [;)].

Also it was really nice to meet Mrs Indy " the boss really", little Roger and Ms Emma, a very nice family you have there Rodger Indy dude !

Roger: First of all, I love that avatar of you and Cindy. You two are so perfect for each other. Verna and I love you guys and count you among our closest friends. Just as Michael (Colter) and Eldon (dtel) have testified here, Verna and I have had so much fun with these two at their home. They gracuosly asked us to stay with them on our trips to Indy and they've always made us feel right at home. We know all about those all-nighters in the theater dtel mentioned. We've done a few of those at our home two with Colter, Roger and others! Roger and Cindy are regular people: The genuine article, indeed! You'll never meet finer, outstanding folks and they are excellent parents and examples for their two children. I agree with everything you shared above, especially the seriousness with which we approach our wonderful hobby and the importance of sharing our systems and theaters with others. Amen, brother: Well said! Congrats to Roger on his 7500 posts. DUDE: GET A LIFE! LOLOL

Colter: You will ALWAYS be my friend and "My-brother-from-another-mother!" Thanks for starting such a great thread about our friend!

dtel, Ol' buddy: I hereby challenge you to a hamburger cookoff on Roger's BBQ the next time we are both there! Cindy can say, "Gentlemen: Start your spatulas!" LOL

Arky: Absolutley! He's the best!

It's all good, guys! This forum and its members are truly awesome! There's none better! -Glenn

Hi Roger....Yea i was a little nervous at the meeting at Klipsch to until Roger came to the table to say hi to me and my wife. I wish i could have went to Rogers house that night and hung out with you guys...that was main reason for going i dont have Klipsch or even stereo guys close to me. This forum is the best ..only reason i'm even interested in comp. lol....Well Roger your the man 7500...Rick

Picky as always back at you and your wife and mom too. You make everyone feel welcome and part of the journey too.

Doc .. Your the little kid that grew up.. Ok completed college for now and working for SHURE. I am proud of you.. You have come a long way Kiddo...

Smilin.. I agree we need to start chit chatting again. When your in Indy look me up. I am crying over my Cubs... really sad..

Rick Tate.. Your one of the Family for sure... If you are in Indy please let me know. I will give you a pvt audition!! hehehehehe

Thanks guys for the comments. It has been fun to know a lot of you as friends. The Forum rocks!!