And so; the Premium Wire Saga Continues...

picky

To others and Sspeakerfritz, this was about my 3rd option.. (and on intetrconnects too.)

(Granted this was not a major problem to begin with. And I doubt most would of noticed the sound at all. But I live with it every day. If the pre amp was all the way down on the scale you might here it without music or movies on. So one of those little tweeks heading toward perfect nirvana. LOL) Whatever that is...????

At first, I used very cheap RCA types..=noise

I then tried some hi end RCA types.. a little better but still some noise

I was in Fry electronics and saw these in the discount isle, one package was opened..the other had no package at all but was the same thing... So these were discounted 50%... So I got 2 for 1.....at 29 dollars for 2 interconnects. I felt OK, if it does not work, I will take it back. To much my surprise, these sub interconnects are made for specifically for subs, (I didn't know they had such things..LOL) so I figured... give it a try, see if the "hype" works.

In this case, in my application, it did exactly as promised .[:D]

I then used the previous RCA types and the hum came back. Yep, I will keep the Monster ones!

And what you describe Speakerfritz might exactly be why. That, and there are a lot of other cables back there, I felt it shielded from possible other interferience too! My 2 cents.