Insane in the mainframe?

Tom_E

I am borrowing an RT-10D now. Have placed it behind the left speaker. And i gotta say........

Wow! I have only played it an hour, and i am really amazed. It is like this is what i felt was lacking... It's really freaky. Can someone back me up here? Is it madness to have a sub with cornwalls? In my "defence" i can't play at full volume because i don't live alone in this house. So this really did the trick for me.

Come on guys, i need some feedback.[:)]

Wow! I have only played it an hour, and i am really amazed. It is like this is what i felt was lacking... It's really freaky. Can someone back me up here? Is it madness to have a sub with cornwalls?

I think all speakers need a sub to assist with the bottom octave or two.

Oddly enough, some report that adding the sub improves the midrange somehow, plus it brings in those subtle reverberance sounds that give you a feel for the size of the performance space.

• 6 months later...

Long time no see fellow klipschers.

Just wanted to write an update. I bought the RT-10D, and i am very happy with it. I also upgraded to a very cool Onkyo CD-player.
I also got my hands on Kimber Cable Monocle-X speakercables, and My Theatre damping mats. I am very happy with my set now, though i understand my room is a bit to small, and that concrete wall isent helping. :)

So how is people doing? Everybody ok? That swine flu is not good... Let's hope it dosent spread uncontrollable, though i don't think that will happen at all...

How is the financial crisis threating everybody?

Long time no see fellow klipschers.

Just wanted to write an update. I bought the RT-10D, and i am very happy with it. I also upgraded to a very cool Onkyo CD-player.
I also got my hands on Kimber Cable Monocle-X speakercables, and My Theatre damping mats. I am very happy with my set now, though i understand my room is a bit to small, and that concrete wall isent helping. :)

So how is people doing? Everybody ok? That swine flu is not good... Let's hope it dosent spread uncontrollable, though i don't think that will happen at all...

How is the financial crisis threating everybody?

Likewise, it's been too long since my last post :P I really need to get on these forums more.<br><br>

Congrats on the RT-10d! I'm looking at mating one of those with my 63's just for that extra depth I enjoy. <br>

As for the financial crisis, it hasn't really affected me much (yet), as I'm still just in highschool.

for the time being try toeing the Cornwalls in a bit and experiment with sliding your listening chair forward and back a foot or two. I'm with the others, room effects can really screw up your sound. The Cornwalls, in my experience, seem to be some of the most room-position friendly Klipsch speakers ever made so that is in your favor.

How close are they tucked into the corners? If very tight, try pulling them out a ways, even 6" can help a bunch if you're getting a boomy bass.

Can someone back me up here? Is it madness to have a sub with cornwalls?

You're probably using the sub as a tone control....nothing wrong with that because the sub in the studio was probably cranked too high too. Based on your musical preferences, I'll bet we measure your subwoofer cranked +10 to +15dB relative to the cornwalls. [;)]