Reciever/amp/pre-amp

CIGARBUM

I would like to get some recommandation or suggestion for the above. I have a friend who bought my Forte II, now hes' got the bug. Don't know what he has now but he wants to upgrade. Says he can't affort McIntosh, looking for some old school type equiopment. All I can recommend is Mac, just because I have a bunch.

Would love to hear from any of you who could make some suggestions.

Thanks

I wish I could give you more information, he's just not real sure. I know he listens to a lot of blues, jazz, soul, got a ton of records. Maybe some old Marantz SS, Scott amp and pre amp, Crown stuff. I know he has a lot of money, he just doesn't want to spend it on audio equipment, let say $1000.

Sorry I can't be more help

Thanks

Tell him to try out a Sansui AU 7900 integrated......Very nice vintage amp ....most would say that they are the Japanese analog of Mcintosh up until 1980 ....overbuilt...high quaility...

The AU-7900 go for $200, the AU-9900=$400.....I have several and like them better than my Mac Mc 2505/MX 112 combo

The Pioneer SX**** recievers are nice as are the Marantz.....

If tubes are what he 's after the Scotts are hard to beat for the price.....

I would like to get some recommandation or suggestion for the above. I have a friend who bought my Forte II, now hes' got the bug. Don't know what he has now but he wants to upgrade. Says he can't affort McIntosh, looking for some old school type equiopment. All I can recommend is Mac, just because I have a bunch.

Would love to hear from any of you who could make some suggestions.

Thanks

Hey CB, I have a line on a Pioneer SX 737 and a Marantz (darn can't remember the model; Quad receiver; have the info at work) at an estate sale close by. I have talked to the owner and I can get both for $100, you want to take a chance? Supposedly are in good cosmetics with cases and function.

edit: I think it's this one http://www.classic-audio.com/marantz/4230.html