A Funny Thing Happened...

jdm56

...in the process of telephone "price shopping" for a belle klipsch to use as a center speaker with my corner horns.

One salesperson asked why I didn't want to get another klipschorn for use as a center channel speaker! rolleyes.gif

Another must have yawned into the phone a half dozen times while trying to find his price list. (This was mid-afternoon).

One gal, when I said I was interested in a belle klipsch, asked if that was home or car audio.

And then a salesperson, after digging through his info for a while, priced me a single, new belle for under $970.00. After a stunned pause I said. "That's awfully good; How are you doin' that?

Another pause and, "Oh, wait a minute..."

I said, "Wrong column"?

"Uh, yeah; wrong column", he replied. smile.gif

Ah, audio humor...

-Blind Melon

Steve P,

Blind Melon? That's from a very politically incorrect '70-something Cheech and Chong comedy album. I think the character was actually called "Blind Melon Chitlin". Kind of a stereotypical blind, rural, southern blues man. Like I said, definitely not PC.

Concerning choice for a center speaker, my system is strictly music only, all A, no Vs>. So, I really wanted to stay with the full range horns.

Oh uh, bill - about sharing that; I hope your dealer isn't in Tulsa. Wouldn't want any collateral damage.

------------------

JDMcCall

Did anyone catch the episode of Nash Bridges a couple months ago when Cheech was unsnarling a traffic jam at an intersection? He was happily doing this while people were crossing the street when one man dressed in pink tights, Mickey Mouse ears and a mask was crossing in ballet movements. Cheech was giving him odd looks and I didn't get it at first but when the strangely attired man was seen a second time I had to fall on the floor laughing. And I haven't seen "Up in Smoke" for almost twenty years!!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogony

Carver Receiver MXR-150

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

dbx 3bx Series Two

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Original Monster Cable

Man, talk about bein' lost in the seventies! The Blind Melon - Cheech and Chong connection was so strong in my time warped brain that I had totally forgotten about the band "Blind Melon"! What a geezer I'm gettin' to be! May have to get a new moniker. frown.gif

Wish I still had my old C&C albums...or were they my ex brother-in-laws? I remember playin' 'em real low so the folks wouldn't hear...And 8-tracks! Whew! The best medium ever devised for listening to two tracks at the same time. smile.gif

Yes, Tommy Chong did make a Cameo apperance on the show. Not sure which episode though. Maybe someone can go to http://www.nashbridges.com to find out.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

Carver Receiver MXR-150

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

dbx 3bx Series Two

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Original Monster Cable