How low should you go? TV above fireplace.

OnMedic

P1010849

Here is a picture of our wall mounted LCD TV. I am not sure if it is too high... HELP? What do you guys think?

It is just sitting on the mount for now and cable terminations have not been complete.

I am not sure if I should bring it down a bit??? Right now the bottom bezel sits 11 inches about the Mantle and 61" from the floor. The middle of the screen is at 75-1/2 from the floor. This was done to leave enough room for a centre channel below the screen. It feels high, and the bulkhead above the TV makes it feel like it is closer to the ceiling then it really is.

Should the TV be moved down and centre channel mounted above the TV (at approx 82-86") ????

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

I've never been a fan of the TV above the fireplace setup. It results in either having to sit really far back from the TV or get a sore neck from looking up at the TV all the time.

You'd almost be better lowering the TV and then mounting the center channel above the TV angled downward toward your listening position. Some have said that your ears don't detect the fact that a speaker is placed above your ears as much as they can detect one that is placed below your ears.

For being a 52" it sure looks small up there, but it probably looks bigger in person.

Here are a couple of more:

P1010854

P1010852

I guess I am limited to the pivoting style on-wall speakers then. I really liked the Totem Tribe series, but the are more of the flat mount box style.

An ideas on the BG directional ribbon? I have an great option on the BG17i.I am not a big fan of the Klipsch on-wall esthetics.

Thanks

Steve

We've had nothing but good experiences with our setup. Actually, I think the location is an advantage...It's great if you wear bifocals. This shot was taken last Christmas, but the only thing that has changed has been the Christmas decor (right now, it's Thanksgiving decor), the stack of electronics, and the addition of a RC-62 just under the mantle. Surrounds are Heresy's on the floor (PWK's 1959 JAES article is right on - put your Heritage Klipsch on the floor, and you'll be amazed at the difference in full-range bass).

post-28404-13819426182748_thumb.gif