Need Suggestions For 2-Channel Home Gym Setup

CO1

I'll be a bit of a contrarian here. I would suggest KG 5.2 or 5.5's.  Big loud room filling detailed sound, plenty of bass, slightly shrill at the top, but commonly available and half the price of Cornwalls. Often for sale on ebay and can be shipped.

By Jove, I think he's got it!!

Smashing Idea Thebes...Pip Pip cheerio ...time for a spot of tea.....

Actually I live in two different places. My internet is through satellite and it blows but at least I can go online so it’s not all bad. One place the only way in or out is by air and there is no Wal-Mart...nothing[:(] I won't go into much detail because I have worked a long time for the DOJ and deal with a lot of murderer/molester types. The second place is an island on the east coast and that's where I will be shipping the speakers. There is a Wal-Mart but not much else so local sales are of the low end variety. The Cornwall cabinets look pretty simple but I won't have time to build speakers because I will be working on my house and building my home gym. On other forums Cerwin Vega CSL215, JBL JRX125 & Axiom M80 v2 were suggested. The Axiom M80 price includes shipping so it works out the same for me. I like the pro look of the JRX125 for a gym but I can’t audition any of these speakers so I would appreciate input on how these stack up to the one’s we’ve been discussing. I’m still hoping to get Cornwalls or KLF-30’s but I may have to look at other brands if I want to get speakers any time soon.

One place the only way in or out is by air and there is no Wal-Mart...nothingSad I won't go into much detail because I have worked a long time for the DOJ and deal with a lot of murderer/molester types.

Sounds kinda like a "Fortress of Solitude..."

55.jpg

My God! You're SUPERMAN!!

[;)]

If you are willing to pay for shipping why not look into the Cornwall Vault? It will take a little help from the seller as it gets shipped to them, they load the speakers and ship them off to you.

I don't know who currently has possession of it at the moment but maybe someone can chime in. Also you will either have to hold into it or pay for the shipping back to the original person.

Good luck...

James

One place the only way in or out is by air and there is no Wal-Mart...nothingSad I won't go into much detail because I have worked a long time for the DOJ and deal with a lot of murderer/molester types.

Sounds kinda like a "Fortress of Solitude..."

55.jpg

My God! You're SUPERMAN!!

Wink

lol...if you only knew how close you are with that you'd laugh too!

Looks like I got lucky and found a pair of Cornwalls in Canada for my gym. I am super psyched and can't wait to get these on the go. Thanks guys for helpping me out.

See and it didn't take as long as some have had to wait.. Congrats on the Cornwall purchase. Post some pictures when everything is setup.

James

Looks like I got lucky and found a pair of Cornwalls in Canada for my gym. I am super psyched and can't wait to get these on the go. Thanks guys for helpping me out.

See? I knew that xray vision (or whichever one of your super powers you used) would come in handy...[8-|]

See? I knew that xray vision (or whichever one of your super powers you used) would come in handy...Geeked

lol...I was referring to the fortress of solitude part but my nephews and nieces think I'm a super hero. [:$] 20+ years of pumping iron and in your spare time overhead pressing inmates will make you look like a superhero. [H]

I'll take some pics when it's all done but it's going to take some time. I won't get there until the end of the month, and then I need to do the framing, electrical, sheet rock and flooring. Once that is done the fun begins because I will have to disassemble approx 20K worth of Hammer Strength equipment and bring it downstairs and reassemble it in the gym, followed by several other pieces, power rack etc and of course a bunch of olympic plates and dumbbells. This would proably only take fini 30-40 min but it will take me much longer than that. [:D] At this point I can setup the cornwalls and I'll bet I will be grinning from ear to ear because this is really 2 dreams rolled into 1 for me so I am very excited. Thanks again guys!

The cornwall vault would be best. But, make sure you pack around them thoroughly and strap them in good. I would suggest alot of foam around the speakers then cover than in carboard. Then strap them in on top of that. Maybe some towels in between the foam and the speakers as well. You'll love those Cornwalls. It'll make your workout 50% more effective [8-|]

I won't get there until the end of the month, and then I need to do the framing, electrical, sheet rock and flooring. Once that is done the fun begins because I will have to disassemble approx 20K worth of Hammer Strength equipment and bring it downstairs and reassemble it in the gym, followed by several other pieces, power rack etc and of course a bunch of olympic plates and dumbbells. This would proably only take fini 30-40 min but it will take me much longer than that. Big Smile

I don't have that kind of superpower. I'm able to smell and seek out beer within 100 yards of me...[:P]

14665-bigthumbnail.jpg