Wall mount RS-52... HELP!!

jopela

I was all excited with the UPS man dropped off all of my new speakers, but now I am just frusterated. I can not find a suitable wall mount bracket for the RS-52s. Most of the ones I see stop at 10 lbs and they do not have the right spacing for the two screw holes on the back of the speaker. I don't want to keyhole mount them becuase they will be towards the top of my 9' ceiling in the rear (to keep the wife happy) so I want to be able to angle them down a bit.

Do I need to fabricate something or does someone actually make a suitable bracket for these speakers?

HELP!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!

Hello and Welcome to the forum,

Here you go, http://www.omnimountpro.com/pro/Product.aspx?productid=d0ed2f20-fa15-461c-817a-766db3c9d997. I have the other model for my RS-62 and they are great. You should shop around on the net to find a cheap price on them.

What other speakers do you have? Post some pictures when you have everything hooked up.

James

dude....what on earth are you doing! there is a key hole bracket on the back of them. go to lowes or home depot and buy a screw and acnor kit. i went this last weekend and bought a package that had 2ea screws and ancors. they were rated to hold 250lbs! i installed them in like 2 minutes. my rs-42s are hanging just fine.

• Moderators

dude....what on earth are you doing! there is a key hole bracket on the back of them. go to lowes or home depot and buy a screw and acnor kit.

Dude....try reading his post. [;)] He needs to be able to angle them downwards because they are so high up. Screws and anchors will not allow him to do this. Welcome to the forums Jopela!

oops, didn't see that one sentence....my bad.

sorry man, btw WELCOME TO THE FUN!

well in that case.....you can go to the hardware store....get those angled brackets....(they are very big and heavy and have 5 mounting holes)....and bend the angle from 90degrees, to what every degree you want, and then make a shelf and put them on that. should work just fine, little low tech, but effective. btw....why so high? have anyone told you that the surrounds need to be around 2-3 feet in height from your ear....so around 4-5 feet? if you mount them much higher...you loose some of the high end. is there anyway you can mount them lower?

ooooohhhhh this worked for me, as far as the wife goes.....don't let her read this either......

tell her all that money you spent on the speakers will be usless unless you can mount them lower. it has worked very well for me. she looks as the big picture and realizes i won't be happy with the sound so she agrees. it's at least worth a try. it's partly true. yes they will make sound, but they won't sound near as good being placed in the right spot.....now that is a fact....she can call klipsch for herself and hear from them. hopefully she will cave in....and also tell her you can spend $2.50 to hang the speakers instead of how ever much some swanky tilting hanging brackets will be. maybe she will agree if the brackets are way expence campared to a $2.50 screw and ancor kit.

let us know how it turns out....

good luck.....

sorry for being a prick a little......

Hello and Welcome to the forum,

Here you go, http://www.omnimountpro.com/pro/Product.aspx?productid=d0ed2f20-fa15-461c-817a-766db3c9d997. I have the other model for my RS-62 and they are great. You should shop around on the net to find a cheap price on them.

What other speakers do you have? Post some pictures when you have everything hooked up.

James

I bought those exact mounts for my RS-52 speakers as well. They are still sitting in the boxes, but soon enough I'll have it up and running.

james i am dissapointed....it's not hard to find the stud....buy a stud finder.

Funny since it was going into a plaster wall. Which just in case YOU don't know has wood strips running parallel with the floor hence the stud finder going off ever 1/4 to 1". I didn't realize I had to explain my situation just what I did, but I guess from now on I have to.

James

• 1 month later...