Will be SLOWLY building RF-63 set up. Need advice.

iiwiiwhat

Well if you don't have any speakers at the moment then I would wait and purchase the RF-63, your front main speakers, first. At that point you will have the tv as your center channel until you save up the that, which would be the second thing purchased. Then you can go with a sub or two and last the rear surrounds.

James

Well if you don't have any speakers at the moment then I would wait and purchase the RF-63, your front main speakers, first. At that point you will have the tv as your center channel until you save up the that, which would be the second thing purchased. Then you can go with a sub or two and last the rear surrounds.

James

Ditto!

• Moderators

I am doing just what you did. Here was my chosen path.

RF-83's mains
Velodyne F1500 sub
RC-7 center
RB-35 rears

To me, the sub should come before the center because you truly cannot enjoy good HT or even 2 ch without a good sub. Just my opinion.

To me, the sub should come before the center because you truly cannot enjoy good HT or even 2 ch without a good sub. Just my opinion.

YM,

I can see how you said the quote above as I was going to add that to my message. Then thinking about it he can always set the RF-63 to large and get some good low end from them but with movies the center is the most important speaker. Like always, either way, you are going to watch the same movie over again after you get a new speaker just to see what kind of a difference to makes from the last time that you seen it.

James

not to start an argument, i too would get the mains, then sub because if you have the front 3 you still can't use them because the receiver is going to be either a 2ch option or 5 channel. it's not like you have an option for 3.0 or 3.1.

honestly there isn't any wrong way as long as you get all the speakers you need in the end. i would how ever think you can use the 2.1 set up more than a 3.0.

as for me personally, i can't piece anything together. i saved up until i knew i had enough to buy everything at once! i would rather have nothing and money in an account than to only be able to use or have a couple of items at a time. i have no patience! the reallllllly hard part was i bought 90% of everthing before i moved into my new home and couldn't do a thing with it until i had a et center built. man that was tough on me. i had to occanisally go into the room i had everything stored in and just stare at them for a minute....my little fix....lol.

take care....

• Moderators

if you have the front 3 you still can't use them because the receiver is going to be either a 2ch option or 5 channel. it's not like you have an option for 3.0 or 3.1.

Actually, he could use 3.0 by turning off the rear speakers. The receiver will then route the rear channel info to the front speaker. Not ideal but it could work. To me, movies just aren't as exciting without a sub. You could set the RF-63's to large but it still will not be the same. Either way would work, it all comes down to preference.

if you have the front 3 you still can't use them because the receiver is going to be either a 2ch option or 5 channel. it's not like you have an option for 3.0 or 3.1.

Actually, he could use 3.0 by turning off the rear speakers. The receiver will then route the rear channel info to the front speaker. Not ideal but it could work. To me, movies just aren't as exciting without a sub. You could set the RF-63's to large but it still will not be the same. Either way would work, it all comes down to preference.

I definitely agree. Here's my philosophy. With no subs, you watch the movie, with subs, you experience the movie...........

I dunno – it is a tough one

He did mention that his set up is mainly for HT and yes I know that the sub is soooo important to take care of all the low’s. But in HT doesn’t the vast majority of sound comes from the centre.

Tough call sub versus centre. I dunno flip a coin and go from there.

Personally I will go for centre but the sub is sooo needed.