Any value to stuffing a KLF-30?

Normo

I just picked up a pair and see that they have double rear ports. Looked in side and at least in the bottom third of the cabinet it is just empty space . Would there be any benefit in putting poyfil or other "stuffing" in there, or can I assume that this is a stupid question, because if it would have helped, Klipsch would have done it! Thanks for any suggestions. Norm

can I assume that this is a stupid question, because if it would have helped, Klipsch would have done it!

Exactly. "Stuffing" material is added to a cabinet to add "virtual volume", among other things, and is carefully calculated. It's needed in some speaker cabinets and not at all in others, but in all cases is part of the speaker's design.

That empty space works in harmony with the ports, so reducing the space is unlikely to improve the sound.

I kind of wondered the same thing about my RF-7's. There is a piece of acoustic foam that is just laying in there. I just assume that it doesn't really matter how it's in there......just as long as it is in there. Perhaps to dampen that part of the box so that it doesn't sound so hollow?

At any rate......I'll leave it alone.......the bass sounds awesome. [:D]