• Recent Posts

• Covid killed a fair market, too
    • ‘That to us in Australia is cheap  I took a family of 6 adults to a nice Mediterranean restaurant and it cost me just over $800 bucks 
    • AFAIK it all started when someone sent a unit to a tube amplifier builder in the NW for repair and then after accusations the one he had was some kind of kit built at a BC thingy the tube amp builder bought a new one with his own money and had it shipped to Amir for corroboration. There was already another tube amp guy that had commented on the same thing before (can't remember details and don't want to research), so 3 accounts proved it was indeed a design or production failure.
    • Shame that management and quality control was not paying attention to easy to observe "defects" with the main product they were building and selling at that time. Can't blame an audio equipment reviewer for seeing it.
    • I did use ASC tube traps (16” diameter x 48” tall) with Forte III, Chorus II and my current non-Klipsch speakers. My comments refer to the original ASC tube traps, not the new isothermermal traps. I have no experience with those. The tube traps are very effective if your room needs them. My room without treatment has very boomy bass in some places and other areas with bass suck-out where the bass disappears. The bass traps improved the bass quality. Bass became tighter, more focused and even. The ASC also have some diffusion built into one half of the round so if you want you can add degrees of diffusion. I found however, that I didn’t care for the diffusion and turned the traps so the diffusion wasn’t used. All this being said, the ASC traps are quite expensive and I “cashed out”, selling them and replacing  them with much less expensive GIK corner traps that overall are just as effective. I have since added a GIK 244 bass panel on a back wall and that has helped even more with the quality of the bass. 
    • I've considered these as well. Currently in my rear corners I've been using GIK 2x4x48" absorption panels straddling the corners acting as bass traps. Wonder if these tubes would be an improvement....
    • I think you should bring a slushie to the hot tub.. golf is boring !
    • https://www.thethayerhotel.com/sunday-champagne-brunch.html    
    • Speaking of cocktails....just had the first slushie while watching golf at Quail Hollow in Charlotte, NC.  LF is in the hot tub.
    • It looks very nice also!