Klipsch RF7 / RC7 Amplifier Recommendations

erikill

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, FedEx tracking updated, my amp is now local and has an expected delivery date for the 2nd now. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa! Smile

Thats great news Rich. I did get a quick chance to plug my RF 83 into the XPA-5 for a split second. I did not turn it up at all but I could tell that there was more authority with the speakers.

I hope you guys like them. I want one really bad and it's about all I can afford. Sucky reviews will send me into depression.

Question: is it worth investing that much into the rear channels? I was going to go with an XPA-3 and just let my Denon do the rears, but all of these XPA-5 purchases have me wondering.

Dean, I will be getting the XPA-3, so I will have my review of how it works in a few days. I also was torn XPA-3 or XPA-5 but finally decided to try the 3 and let my receiver power the surrounds, I have an Onkyo TX-NR900 receiver.

If my system was 5.1 I would have bought the XPA-5 but since my system is 7.1 and I did not want to buy 2 amps (an XPA-2, XPA-5 would be great!)

I guess I just did not want to spend that much for the rear effects so I am hoping the XPA-3 will be a good choice. I mostly wanted to improve the 2 channel music of my system and thought it better to upgrade the front three channels because I did not want my center to be lacking, they are perfectly matched now.

I also figure with the receiver no longer powering the fronts my surrounds will get a little boost. I don't think the surrounds need that much power anyway.

Anyway I will post a new thread with my thoughts on the XPA-3 in a few days.

Thats great news Rich. I did get a quick chance to plug my RF 83 into the XPA-5 for a split second. I did not turn it up at all but I could tell that there was more authority with the speakers.

Thanks,

I wanted to point out you'll want to use the XPA-2 to power your RF-83's and use the XPA-5 for your center and surrounds. The XPA-2 is a little better and more powerful so that is why it is the best to use with your front mains.

Thanks,

I wanted to point out you'll want to use the XPA-2 to power your RF-83's and use the XPA-5 for your center and surrounds. The XPA-2 is a little better and more powerful so that is why it is the best to use with your front mains.

That's the plan Rich!!!

just to throw this out there, is there anyone who owns the emotiva line up can hear a difference between a xpa-5 and lpa-1 or upa-7? i am just curious. thats where i am stuck. i am debating on either buying a xpa-5 or upa-7. i have my speakers bi-amped now to a lpa-1 and i like how it sounds, but i was wondering if the xpa-5 would have a different (clearer? deeper? better?) sound?

i have heard both the lpa-1 and the xpa-5 on rf-7's. same source as well, lmc-1 processor. the xpa-5 may have a little more power, but i can clearly say that the lpa-1 sounds every bit as good, not to mention you have two more channels. i really like my xpa-5, but have been wondering how different the xpa-2 would sound in two channel versus the 5? that seems to be the question for me. also, how the new upa-7 sounds versus the older lpa1 would be good to know. now if i only had the 5-6k to blow on a macintosh...

Great...one of the XPA-1's I'll get come Monday. The other one I have the tracking number but it states it's still at Emotiva. I called FedEx and they said to call Emotiva. I placed the order on Tuesday night...there's no good reason why it shouldn't have shipped without the other one! Best case scenario I probably get the second one next Thursday once I call to figure out what happened on Monday. [:S]