Mixing RF 35s, RC 35, w/ RS 42s or RS 52s?

nezff

Does this really matter as long as everything is timbre matched up front? I was if having RF 35s as mains, a RC 35 center and RS 42 or 52 surrounds would matter. I think the new RS line would be a better sound that the RS 35 surrounds, correct? thanks guys

well option 1 has its perks, I could sell my RS 42s and maybe get some of my money back out of them and buy two new 62s for around $600 and me only spending maybe $300-$400

option 2 has me spending around $800-$900 extra. I was actually debating getting 82s over 62s a while back but just didnt think that they were HUGE improvement over what I had. basically same situation, 4 RF62s compared to 4 RF82s.lol

also do you even think that the RF 62s will be a improvement over the RS42s since I will be using them as rears?

I know in ALL CHANNEL STEREO setting they will definately be.

Correct, since I myself like to spend other peoples money that is the reason that I said Option #2... jk

That is also why I asked if you have the option to audition the RF-82 in your house to see if they would make a huge improvement over the RF-62 to justify the spending.

And last, I don't know of another setting that would get the RF-62 surrounds singing like the fronts other then all channel stereo.

So after all this it looks like the best option in turn is Option #3, keep what you have and just crank it up louder.... [:P]

James

• Moderators

Youthman, let me know

Let me know if you decide to sell your RS-42's. I have not purchased my side surrounds yet, and really would prefer to have the 52's or even 62's but I might be interested. PM me with a price if you decide to sell them.

why not......

keep the rf-62's and rc-62 up front.......keep the rs-42's on the side.....and buy some rb-61's for the rears.....that would be a nice 7.1.

fi you want a 5.1, then just get some rb-61's for the rear. i am assuming you don't like the rs-42's or else you wouldn't have posted. i have the rs-42's and like them a lot. i have to turn them up quite a bit, but they fill the room nicely. i feel while watching a movie, i am a "bubble" of sound. kinda neat.

if you are unhappy, do you think some kind of setting is off? something not tuned right? i am having that problem now. not very happy with my set up at all. besides the whole "bubble" sound, i don't like it. i personally feel it's my receiver and the fact my eq is not on. i feel everything is flat.

sorry not trying to hijack....lol

hi nezff, until last week I had a pair of RF-62's as my surrounds in a 5.1 system. I have the RF-82's as my fronts and have compared both pairs side by side. If you're using a sub then the difference between the 82/62 isn't very noticeable. At least to me!

I'm now using RS-52's as my surrounds and here's my conclusion: the sound is more enveloping, but not as *rich* or full. It's a tradeoff that I'm pleased with though because my room layout was a little tricky. We now experience that "surround" effect and very happy.

I say if you have the space and funds go for the extra 62's. :)