DECORATIONS

BigStewMan

Many of you know that my wife of 26 years dumped me and I'm living alone for the first time in nearly 30 years. Scary thing seeing a 48 year old living like a college kid.

I've always been one that lived on the edge, so to speak. I remember being the first one on the block to have a telephone answering machine, a betamax (yes, I had one and liked it). I got two christmas trees now. One is nostaglic, an aluminum one with the colored lights. That just reminds me of my childhood in the 60s. But, for years I wanted a white christmas tree with black ornaments. I got one and it's getting rave reviews. It might sound strange, but, it's actually very appealing to the eye.

I got this wild idea one day and did an internet search for black light christmas lights. I found a place that sold them and I bought some. Knowing that cool glow that a black light produces on a white background, i put them on my white christmas tree. sadly, the lights aren't bright enough to produce that cool glow; but, it's still kinda cool (in that old guy refusing to be old kind of way).

anyway I look around my living room (i live in southern california near the beach) the weather is fair and i have the door wide open as well as the sliding glass door, the house is dark except for the black lights on the tree, music is playing, and I'm enjoying some ice cold Moosehead beer. I look around and see the things that I've always wanted to have--neon lights, a lava lamp, 10 Klipsch speakers in my living room, a black leather couch--i've got it all except someone to share it with. But, with my luck, I'll find a woman that want to decorate the place with the "Country Motiff" (apologies to those that have that theme already).

Just some random thoughts on this December evening.

Kindest regards this holiday season to all of you friends on this forum.

Steve

"I got this wild idea one day and did an internet search for black light christmas lights."

definetly on the edge....black lights for me takes me back to the early 70's.

Ten- is that all? I've been hopelessly single for much too long, hence the collection..

The tree sounds cool. I wish I still had my blacklight presidential campaign poster of Hunter S. Thompson. Now there's some nostalgia!

M

Yeah, same here! Hey, at least I got the freedom to put these big *** speakers in my living room, hooked up to one monster of an amp, cranking the music that I want to crank, even if it will peel the paint off the walls! [6] Nope, none of those dainty little toy cubes here (how anybody could put that overpriced crap up and still think they got something that even resembles a quality setup)

No country kitch in this abode either (plus I don't even really even like Country - it is all Metal here, baby!!! [:D]) However, I guess I ought to at least drag the Xmas tree out and put it up.

• Moderators

" I look around and see the things that I've always wanted to have "

Your F R E E, better enjoy it while you can, although you may find someone from the 60's that likes a bunch of speakers, black lights and unusually decorated trees. You have a good start, you live where the Hippie thing started, we went on vacation in the early 60's out there, dang hippies were everywhere. [H]