My Pioneer ELITE VSX-01THM broke!

Jocke

I'm writing now and feeling quite miserable![:'(]

This last weekend my Pioneer ELITE VSX-01 THM died.

No Power whatsoever. It wont turn on at all.

My current setup is:

Fronts: Klipsch RF-82

Center: Klipsch RC-52

Sides: Klipsch RS-52

Rear: Onkyo direct firing speakers

SUB: RSW-10d

All wired with 12AWG Liberty wire THX cert speaker wire.

Just the other week my PS3 gave up as well... [:'(][:'(]

Is my setup too much for my Pioneer? Is see people running similar setup with smaller receievers.

Is my setup too much for my Pioneer? 

No, your Pioneer is more than capable of powering your speakers. Perhaps your Pioneer suffered a surge from an electrical storm? I'd first check to make sure there are no wires creating a short on the speaker outputs. Sometimes a small strand of speaker wire can come undone and create a short. Next, shut off the main power switch located on the back or front, not the standby switch but the actual on/off. Leave in the off position for a couple of minutes and then try powering up again. If still no luck, look for a replaceable fuse on the back perhaps near the power cord. Many new receivers have the fuses internally, and this would require removing the top cover. This of course depends on your skill/willingness to crack it open and have a look for any obvious fuses that could be bad. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Home Theater PowerCenter™ HTS 1000 MKIII with Clean Power™ Stage 2

I'm using this one right here.

That is why I'm kinda clueless about it. And there isnt any dust around as well. I wipe away all dusts everyday. My receiver is normally running 2-4 hours a day,,except for the weekends which it might hit 6 hours

The area is also super cold, it has plenty of ventilation.

Did it die while in use? or you found it dead trying to use it?

My HK receiver did this after a year I got it (kids probably played with the power button too much). I was able to trace the power line to the slow blown fuse inside the receiver by doing the continuity test. Replaced it and no problem since.

I found it dead trying to use it. The last person I know who used it is my wife watching "The sisterhood of traveling pants" the night before while I was asleep in bed...weird girl movie...maybe it got a bad hangover after processing that movie. hahaha.

I actually ended up "buying" two of mine. I brought the first one home, got it all hooked up, and there was no sound. NONE. So, I immideately unhooked it, and took it back. Got a replacement, hooked it up, and good to go ever since. He called me about a week later and said the first one was fixed, and 40% off if I knew anyone who wanted it......................

• 3 weeks later...

Its week 4 now. And still I havent got it back yet. My whole Holiday season was screwed up. No music, no movies, no karaoke and no Gaming.

I'm REALLY crawling on the walls now. I called them up and they said that my receiver is all in different peices. They havent figured out what is wrong with it.

Man,,,this is torture especially for a movie-guy like me.