new velodyne

Randyman

That puppy has been around for about 4 years , or more . I came very close to winning one on ebay 2 1/2 years ago , auction ended when I was at work and I got sniped . It was a dealer demo and came with the full factory warranty . I'd still like to have one sometime down the road . Other than it's imposing size and weight there is another thing to consider it can draw 35 amps and might need to be on it's own circuit . Still a very cool beast .

That puppy has been around for about 4 years , or more . I came very close to winning one on ebay 2 1/2 years ago , auction ended when I was at work and I got sniped . It was a dealer demo and came with the full factory warranty . I'd still like to have one sometime down the road . Other than it's imposing size and weight there is another thing to consider it can draw 35 amps and might need to be on it's own circuit . Still a very cool beast .

I have talked with Velodyne over the phone about a dealer Demo that I bought that came with a Waranty card. Velodyne autorized dealers are not allowed to sell flagship models on the internet, and can loose their dealership for doing so. They are all told this according to Velodyne. Velodyne will not waranty any such purchases if they find out about it. The seller had even shipped me a store receipt with the purchase. Velodyne trolls ebay, and most all sellers on ebay are no longer authorized Velodyne dealers no matter what they may say. You can check the Authorized dealer list on their web site, or at least you could back when I checked this all out. I love my Velodyne subs, but Velodyne customer service is as sucky as anything I have ever encountered in my life. $50 plus shipping, just for an orriginal HGS 18 II box, and that was at least 4 or 5 years ago. One of my subs burned out the accelarometer on the voice coil, and they had changed the driver in the sub, so the new one would not hook up to my older style amp, so to get rid of the distortion from this, I had to buy a new driver and a new amp and it cost me $1000 in parts to replace, and that was the sub that was still new enough that it should have been under waranty.

Roger

I have talked with Velodyne over the phone about a dealer Demo that I bought that came with a Waranty card. Velodyne autorized dealers are not allowed to sell flagship models on the internet, and can loose their dealership for doing so. They are all told this according to Velodyne. Velodyne will not waranty any such purchases if they find out about it. The seller had even shipped me a store receipt with the purchase. Velodyne trolls ebay, and most all sellers on ebay are no longer authorized Velodyne dealers no matter what they may say. You can check the Authorized dealer list on their web site, or at least you could back when I checked this all out. I love my Velodyne subs, but Velodyne customer service is as sucky as anything I have ever encountered in my life. $50 plus shipping, just for an orriginal HGS 18 II box, and that was at least 4 or 5 years ago. One of my subs burned out the accelarometer on the voice coil, and they had changed the driver in the sub, so the new one would not hook up to my older style amp, so to get rid of the distortion from this, I had to buy a new driver and a new amp and it cost me $1000 in parts to replace, and that was the sub that was still new enough that it should have been under waranty.

Roger

Man , that does suck . My DD18 will be 3 years old in May and has given me excellent service no problems . I can see why they would charge $50. for the box though . It's pretty stout and has excellent packaging materials . Any time I have moved mine I break out the box . It's a real pita to move it any other way .

As far as the DD1812 goes it was a situation where I would have had to drive up to NJ to pick it up . By drive up I mean in my mind it would have involved renting a lift gate truck of some sort . I was the high bidder for the last 3 days and was in contact with the seller . He stated I would simply be buying his demo . Maybe things would have gone south if a problem were to occur , maybe not .