Cornwall III or Klipsch RF-7?

MojoX

My opinion yes, unless you're going to have to eat spam sandwiches for the next year. Everyone seeks conformation but unfortunately your ears are the only valid measuring device. I bet you enjoy whichever Klipsch spkr choice you make.

IMO the CW III is a notable improvement in sound quality over it's predecessors. That said the CW is my least favorite of the Heritage Series. Now having said that I prefer the Heritage line in general to the Reference Series. So where am I going with this. Here comes the curve ball. The RF 7 needs a serious amp to push it's bass given the ultra low impedance of the woofers. However when properly driven I have to say I tend to give a slight nod to the RF7 over the CW. The CW III makes that nod even smaller. These are two extremely different sounding speakers though, the difference is so dramatic IMO you should not make a decision without making an honest attempt to hear them both.

Mojo,

Since you already had the RF-7 then I think you should stick with them. With out being able to listen to the CW III that will be a tough sale, everyone has an opinion but it's your ears that have to be happy at the end of the day.

I have only listened to the CW III at a dealer and I never listened to the CW II but the CW III is say to be better, over all, then both. Once again, if you have to purchase the CW III blind, then just go with the RF-7 and enjoy.

James

Thanks for your answers. Tomorrow I will get the RF-7 in cherry with the RC-7 :-). I couldn't bring myself to spend so much money without listen to the Cornwalls. But just in case I will be able to listen to them in the future and like them: Can I use the RF-7s as surrounds and the RC-7 as the centre then (I only use movies with 5.1/5.0)...?

Mojo

Can I use the RF-7s as surrounds and the RC-7 as the centre then (I only use movies with 5.1/5.0)...?

No, the timber match across the front will not match.

If you do decide to get the CW III down the line you should just use them for a 2-channel setup. Unless you want to change out the HT speakers, being the RF-7's and RC-7.

James

Thanks for your answers. Tomorrow I will get the RF-7 in cherry with the RC-7 :-). ...: Can I use the RF-7s as surrounds and the RC-7 as the centre then (I only use movies with 5.1/5.0)...?

Mojo

Congratulations! Post back what you think. If I had the space I would have a 2nd pair of RF-7s as side surrounds. [:P] Btw, did you purchase from Werner Enge?

Werner Enge seems to be nice but I had to buy the RF-7s used from a private guy because they aren't available in official shops.

As I already had the RF-7 I can say that they sounded well with a Yama 2600 receiver (the highs were a little shrill though) and

with a creek destiny combination they sounded amazing and beautiful (the highs were not a weakness anymore but a strength...). This time I could imagine trying rotel....

As long as you are happy while being ruined....[:)]

I got my RF-7s (and the RC-7) today. They are really beautiful and after 5 minutes of accomodating to the sound ( In the last few months I only listened to "normal" speakers in shopws...) I was happy

and didn't know how I could "survive" without them a few months.... Although I have to power them with a Yamaha RXV-2600

at the moment and I remember how the great amp Creek Destiny sounded with them... This is quite a difference and I think

I have to spend some money again. Can anyone tell me how the Rotel RB-1080 sound with the RF-7s?

You said that the RC-64 works well with the Cornwalls.Then I assume that the RC-7 would also work or

am I wrong? And then the RF-7s would work as surrounds when I should get the CW III I guess ( until I maybe buy used reference surrounds...)

Although I am happy now with the RF-7s I think I could be in heaven (and ruined) when I also have the CW III for stereo...

This would be the perfect Klipsch apartment....

But I hope my sanity wins...[:P]

Hi, surrounds are not that important for me. I am thinking about going without surrounds and ordering

the Cornwalls instead. The RF-7s are great (although I don' t have a good seperate amp yet) but I feel like

I need a step up.... Then I would use the Cornwalls for 2-channel and the RF-7s for homecinema (with a not so good projector then)...