SUB-10 vs. RW-10d Which would you choose?

got rice

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and in the market for a new SW, however its been a while since I made my last purchase. SW-10 (circa 1993) From what I've been reading these are the two that I have narrowed it down to fit my budget. The Best Buy, Circuit City's etc in my area have the SUB- 10,but not the RW-10d.So I have no idea what the RW-10d sounds like. I an leaning to the RW-10d for the IR feature which allows the user to change the settings for movies and music. BTW Acoustic Designs have the RW-10d NIB for $419.00 shipped. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

I have the RW-12d and love the IR feature. It's great to be able to use my remote to control the sub and I use my remotes macro to automatically change settings when I switch between home theater or listening to music. I use a URC MX-850 remote.

My next sub will probably be an RSW-10d or RSW-12d, I definitely love the IR capabilities.

The media room this is going in is carpeted, with the SUB-12 it was my understanding this was a down firing sub and the sound would get muffled. Am i correct in this assumption. I certainly wouln't mind spending the extra $50.00 to $100.00 if it was going to make a signifigant difference in the overall sound quality/product. thanks

The Sub 12 would do fine on a carpeted floor. Also, the RW10D isn't down firing, but it is ported towards the ground. I recommended Sub12 because sound/thump wise it's a far superior sub to the RW10D. But on the other hand, if you're wanting the IR function, then get the 10. But if you want more bass, get the Sub 12

Rich_guy

Do you know if theURC MX-850 is compatible with a Yamaha Rx-v 3800 receiver. That is something I definitley would like to do with the IR function. Thanks

It should be able to, the Yamaha IR codes needed are probably already in the remotes data base if there are any codes which are not I am sure they could be learned.

BTW, I contacted Klipsch to get the IR codes to control the sub, they sent me an email with the codes.

Man, now I'm on the fence.Tommyboy you really got me going back and forth. I can appreciate your opinion since you own both. On one hand I like the IR feature, on the other hand I know me. Me like BASS. Will anyone else help me with this decision?

Any other thoughts or Opinions?

I just placed my order for the SUB-12 with Acoustic Sound Design for $399.99 out the door. I appreciate all the responses, really helped me in my decision.

P.S. CECCAA850- That sub brought back memories of the Bazooka tube I had in the back of my golf GTI cruisin the strip when I was a teenager. Those were the days. The Klipsch brand has been really good to me over the years, so I am fully committed to their success.

I just placed my order for the SUB-12 with Acoustic Sound Design for $399.99 out the door. I appreciate all the responses, really helped me in my decision.

P.S. CECCAA850- That sub brought back memories of the Bazooka tube I had in the back of my golf GTI cruisin the strip when I was a teenager. Those were the days. The Klipsch brand has been really good to me over the years, so I am fully committed to their success.

i think i would have gotten a eD A2 300 for $350