Klipschorn Build

John Warren

Glad you find the pics of interest. Some differences between this design and the factory. I've added bracing on the inner face of the prism opposite the woofer access opening. The stiffening is signficant and it does have an effect on the impedance of the horn (I'll post).

The V-panels shown that make up the woofer chamber are 3/4" 13-ply. If I had to do it again, I would make them 1" thk MDF.

Regarding finishing, I'll veneer the front, spray the sides flat black. I might try a pair of BECs cast frame K33E too.

Glad you find the pics of interest. Some differences between this design and the factory. I've added bracing on the inner face of the prism opposite the woofer access opening. The stiffening is signficant and it does have an effect on the impedance of the horn (I'll post).

The V-panels shown that make up the woofer chamber are 3/4" 13-ply. If I had to do it again, I would make them 1" thk MDF.

Regarding finishing, I'll veneer the front, spray the sides flat black. I might try a pair of BECs cast frame K33E too.

Bob's cast frames are great.

Some ply some mdf.

DSC01600.JPGDSC01600.JPG

Some ply some mdf.

I suspected as much.

It looks like the LLC is really going to town with MDF based on the Klipschorn pic you've posted. They're eliminating rub blocks and joint reinforcements too(?). Compare my photos in the link provided above, I've copied the joinery and rub block locations used on the factory "all plywood" builds. In the pic you post above, if that pic is finished, there's alot of "wood" missing in that joint.

Note however, I do like the extension of the mid-rib into the woofer chamber. That stiffens the side walls where it contacts.