First time Heresy

Edgy

Hey all! I just bought a pair of Heresy's, and absolutely love 'em. I'm hearing things in recordings I'd never noticed before. The bass isn't bad, but the mids and highs seem awesome to these old ears.

One question. The guy I bought 'em from gave me the slanted stands that match, but also a pair of rectangular stands, he thought made by the original owner, that are about 8" tall and match the speakers. Did Klipsch ever make anything like these? Because if they aren't factory, the guy did a damn good job with the construction.

Anyway, here's what they look like. Very nice shape for a twenty five year old, I think!

Posted Image

• Moderators

Welcome Edgy, very nice pair, I love the cane grills ! The 8" tall stands were not original, the slanted stands may be original. They may have a little more bass on the floor, nice aren't they. [Y]

Yea, the dresser is temporary. Didn't have anyplace else to put them. They sure fill up the room, though!

I'm fairly certain the slanted stands are original. They still have the little hardware bags attached to them. He even gave me the original brochure that came with the speakers.

Posted Image

Very pretty Heresies, I have a pair just like them. Keep the cats away from those cane grilles, they are minty but make dandy scratching posts.

The 8" risers are not of Klipsch manufacture, the slant riser bases are.

Suggested placement is as close to a corner or at least floor/wall boundary as you can muster, on the slanted bases. Proximity to room boundaries will increase the bass. Raising off the floor will decrease bass. You currently have them in about the worst postion possible.

Welcome to the Madness!

Michael

Thanks everyone. The placement will change. "Cane" grills, huh. So how many options were there for grills? It seems the only ones I've seen besides these are black.

And a question about the S/N. It is 8420639 and 8420640. So is that the 2nd week of 1984 or the 20th? The page I've seen referenced for S/Ns always shows eight digits, not seven, like YYWWxxxx.